1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs I Noobtube

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cutter McJ1b, 5 Jan 2010.

1. Cutter McJ1b

Cutter McJ1b Home-cut jibs at discount Prices

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

when your games target audience is chavs and children then you will get chavs and children whining online. :eyebrow:

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

The 'tube + Danger Close = awesome for clearing out Headquarters. That's all I use it for, but I have a whole class dedicated to it because it gets the job done and helps win the game.

The only thing that annoys me is people exploiting the ridiculously easy knife mechanic, and sometimes the ridiculously overpowered akimbo shotguns (though I do use the akimbo G18's and they're not much better).

4. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

The issue is the same in the 1st game. Some people overuse it greatly, but the worst part is that it requires no skill. Firing randomly towards a spawn point can usually score one or more kills.

Don't even get me started about those that camp up and start randomly shooting through walls towards spawn points - they piss me off even more than noobtubers do. It's cheap and unsportsmanlike, and again demonstrates absolutely no skill.

There is a way to use the grenade launcher tactfully and skillfully, but too many don't - all they do is tube away.

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I hate it when people complain too.

There is nothing like as satisfying as getting a quad kill in headquaters with the grenade launcher!

What bugs me is when under 18s are on servers.

6. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Oo Why chavs that word is so over used nowadays, im sure 95% of people don't even know the meaning other than a burberry jumper...

I completely agree here though, although people running around with dual machien pistols and those dam dual shotties can get annoying.

7. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

Some people just have this one (or maybe more) things that they just don't seem to agree with. I.e. I think shotguns, knifing, even the crate package glitch are valid strategies, but I just can't sem to understand 'why the hell did developers include the noobtube'. It's that simple, I think it has too much of an explosion range. I don't mind the 1hit kills, explosion, but the fact that you can shoot roughly to my direction and score a kill just makes me really pissed off.

8. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

It's not so much that the launcher is overpowered or anything, it's how it's used that bugs me. If someone is running around with their assault rifle, killing each individual person, sees a few run in to the headquarters or finds some people camping a room, the launcher is the perfect tool, and that is how it should be used.

It's the people that run around with it equipped, shooting it at the first person they see, almost definitely getting the kill, and then doing that again and again until they run out of ammo. It's almost a sure kill per shot, and it is just a cheap tactic to get as many kills as you can with the least amount of skill or effort. They then run out of grenades, suck terribly, die, and then start the process again.

It's the use of it that bugs me, not the actual mechanic.

9. Spiny

Spiny What's a Dremel?

"It's the people that run around with it equipped, shooting it at the first person they see, almost definitely getting the kill, and then doing that again and again until they run out of ammo. It's almost a sure kill per shot, and it is just a cheap tactic to get as many kills as you can with the least amount of skill or effort. They then run out of grenades, suck terribly, die, and then start the process again."

You'll probably find that's people grinding the XP reward for the grenade launcher kills unlock (10 iirc)

10. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Well, since it was so abundantly used in CoD4 and even with a lot of people I play LAN with, I think that is a bit of a poor excuse. I have no doubt some people will be grinding the challenge, but I really don't think that will be a significant amount.

11. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

Where does the thumper come into this? I use that as my secondary weapon, seems just the same as the attachment. I've only recently started with that and it's quite fun. Both the attachment and the thumper take time to switch and reload (more so with the thumper) so if you run around with it you leave yourself open for longer, that a trade off risk. Personally I don't play HQ so haven't had the joy of taking out a load of people at once, but I have used the thumper quite successfully as a close quarters weapon, it's very satisfying to smack some one in the head with a grenade when they come around the corner. Plus that requires a little skill, it's one shot also so again there's a trade off. I've also used it by deliberately aiming it up into the air and hitting a person sniping in a window across the map on Rundown purely because I had run out of bullets to shoot him with.. is that wrong?

12. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

Takes me back to the ridiculously overpowered, BFG (Big F**king Gun) in Quake II.

You used to get the same sort of people complaining if you ever unleashed this gun. And, with very little skill - just point and shoot - you could clear a room of 4-5 other players quite easily. And the temptation to do so was often too great, despite the abuse you'd receive.

It's my first memory of a massively overpowered weapon in an on-line game, and sprung to mind reading this article.

13. salesman

salesman Minimodder

My friends still play Halo for the xbox, they are ridiculous. If you were to play someone with that has comparable skills in MW2, glitches and all, you would be PISSED! Yet, my friends play it all the time, and have a good time. They deliberately take advantage of the game mechanics, it's how they play. It is skill that they possess because they will beat you 9 times out of 10. You guys have describe some cheap tactics here in the comments but I say it is part of the game and it should stay that way. If you can't beat them join them, and if you don't want to then I guess you do need to vent you frustration, but remember there will always be noobtubers. If you are good at the game I don't think you would get pissed I think you would enact revenge on the ones who frustrate you, it's what I do and I have a fun time playing the game.

14. sear

sear Guest

I'd say they need to worry about the aimbots, wallhacks and ****ing hideously overpowered knife (which is only that way due to the lag caused by no dedicated servers) before they go trying to nerf the grenade launcher. Oh, yeah, can't forget the underpowered sniper rifles, totally ineffectual SMGs, and pinpoint-accuracy-from-across-the-entire-level assault rifles. The game is unbalanced as hell.

15. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

tbh the reason 'noobtubing' is annoying generally speaking is that I've found it takes less skill, i.e. almost anyone can pick it up and score kills because its a one shot kill. So you might be playing a good game, avoiding fire, building up your kill streak, then someone fires in your general direction and gets a kill because of his nade. He probs died a second later :p

But this is the game and its better in MW2 because the games are smaller, so its harder to spam it as much. Whereas (and I've used it in the past) in CoD4 you can just point it at places where you expect people to be and get 1-2 kills every time. Easy peasy.

16. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

To people who whine I say this; "If it's so stupid, why is it in the game? It's not an exploit - it's playing the game as it was designed to be played." Then I kill them again.

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

What you are doing is not noob tubing, noob tubing is when all you do is run around with the grenade launcher and that is it. When they run out of their two shots they either will die soon anyway or they'll scavenge perk for more.

The grenade launcher is also very effective at close ranges, no detenation direct impacts kill instantly.

It's not the cheapest or most annoying thing to do in the game, but it's still annoying when people run around with grenade launchers and nothing else.

18. dicobalt

dicobalt What's a Dremel?

I don't play MW2 but I do play COD4. When too many people use the tube so do I. Or maybe I will switch to RPD to wall them into submission and then hear them complain right back lol This is a practice that will get you banned on most servers. Yet it is in the game and not considered an exploit.

The main problem with the nade launcher is that people will shoot once and get multiple kills, that really does not take any skill at all. It's a weapon that takes no skill to use, hence the noob aspect of it. It's hard to respect the skill of someone who uses such a weapon.

I have always thought that airstrike and helicopter kills should not count towards more airstrikes and helicopters. To get an airstrike or heli you should have to get the kills with bullets. Sometimes I equip the nade launcher to strictly shoot at heli's. I never ever use the nade launcher against non nade heavy teams.

Last edited: 5 Jan 2010
  19. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

No one is saying it's an exploit. We're saying it's a cheap and skill-less way to get kills (when used this way at least).

20. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

i have no problem with the Tube because i use an UZI/FMJ and a USP/Tactical knife along with Marathon PRO, Ninja Pro and lightweight pro so by the time their grenade gets to where i was im already stabbing them in the face :D

Tags: Add Tags