1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Looking for some parts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by at_mosby, 9 Mar 2012.

1. at_mosby

at_mosby What's a Dremel?

Hello!

Been a bit busy lately. I've acquired a laser cutter/engraver. It is very cool and water cooled. Sadly the manufacture seems to have picked 1/4" OD tubing and fittings. Over all very, very primitive. Pump is stuck in the bottom of a 6 gallon bucket. Feh.

I'd like to change that; however the smallest I diameter I can find for everything seems to be 1/4" ID tubing.

Sadness.

For a basic mod, I'd like to add a visual flow meter inline, just to make sure the water is flowing.

Later, I'd like to build a little box (okay, mini-PC sized) that would capture inbound and outbound readings for water temp and flow rate.

Can anyone point me to a source for 1/4" OD water cooling stuff? Or even a 1/4" OD to 1/4" ID adapter? I have spent a couple of days looking without any luck.

Course now that that I've asked for help, I'm likely to find everything I need this weekend!

Once I do get this built, I'll be sure to post pictures.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or advice you can offer.

AT Mosby

P.S. I'm in the US, but I don't mind mail ordering stuff.

2. at_mosby

at_mosby What's a Dremel?

Anyone?

3. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

For temperature reading you can get something like a Thermosensor G1/4 with Display, just connect it to a T-link.

For flow you can use a flow meter, you can use an addaptor to get 1/4 fittings on it :)

Hope this helps!