1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Google - mixing personal and corporate

Discussion in 'Software' started by Highland3r, 31 Jan 2015.

1. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Does anyone know how well Android plays with personal and corporate accounts running on the same device?

Just adding my corporate account as an account on the device looks like it'll force the corporate policies/management at a device level which I'm worried could mean my personal settings/information etc is classed as corporate. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Other option was to setup another profile on the phone (as I've done with Chrome which works rather well)

Any comments/thoughts are welcome!

Ta!

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Depends on the policies on the Exchange server.

I can easily wipe corporate and personal phones with company email on. Back to factory default set up.
    I have heard stories of people doing this by accident too :)

Depends how much you have on your phone and how much you trust your sys admins. :)

3. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I *think* he's talking about multiple gmails.

Remote wiping exchange phones is fun though, way more powerful than I imagined, obviously wiped my own phone giving it a try :) haha.

But if I'm wrong - you can't add a corporate exchange account to a phone without accepting the policies (pin code, this, that, the other), as it's all about security of the information. Unless you get your exchange profile messed with, but, sysadmins won't want to do that as it's a security risk.

4. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Correct - this is multiple gmail accounts (one personal and one corporate). incognito tabs work ok in chrome to access work gmail from personal phone and chrome profiles handle the desktop side so mostly working around this at the mo.