1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other I <3 you Netflix...

Discussion in 'General' started by outlawaol, 23 Oct 2010.

1. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

So I got this message from netflix today:

Now I didnt notice or see any problem yesterday (Ive had more issues with my ISP then them). I think it was great of them to say 'hey, we messed up, sorry. Here, have a discount'.

Netflix, you have earned yourself some decent credit! :)

So, have you had any good experience like this recently?

2. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

That seems real good of them, but how much is 2%? lol

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

It doesn't seem like much, but a couple of the flashlights that I purchased from Flashaholics UK for work a couple of years ago took a worse than usual beating a while ago (which they're designed to) and unfortunately I had a couple of problems with them after that - needed a new tail switch for one of them and a new pocket clip, screws and oring seals for the other.

What did these spares cost me? Nothing. Anthony took them all either out of his spares bin or off other functioning flashlights and sent them to me free of charge. There's one thing you can be sure of in the high performance flashights market - absolute 100% perfect customer service. Some people attribute this to the fact that a lot of high end flashlight sales both here in the UK and in the USA are to LEO's or military personnel, who obviously need their lights to be in tip top condition all the time.

Another example was when I bought a different style of clip for a HDS "Twisty" flashlight from a guy in America (a custom made clip) and didn't get the thicker spacing O-Ring to put in the head of the light so I could use the clip with it. I notified the sender via email and got two thick spacing O-rings in the post less than a week later. Awesome service!

4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

16 cents?

5. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I get 30 days free coupons all the time from netflix that I'm supposed to give to friends and family. I wish they would give me one to use for myself every now and then. Not that that makes any business sense for them since they already have me hooked.

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Just got this:

7. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Just got that today too.

8. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

hmm, I had issues on thursday that were definately netflix related, but not friday, so I think that I'm going to take this credit regardless.

great customer service, If only they would get off of silverlight..... I wish I could use netflix on my linux boxes