1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GPU for a Friend

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by atanum141, 15 Oct 2014.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Hi Guys

So basically a close mate of mine has asked me to find a new GPU for him. Ive been out of the PC game game for ages now as keeping up with new tech is crazy. However he has asked me and i've been looking around.

I would like some suggestions from you guys as there maybe some cards I may have missed out on.

Requirements:
    *To play FIFA 15 (With all details maxed out)
    *1080p rez
    *Team Nvidia (Due to his Dual booting Hackintosh, AMD cards welcome also but must be compatible with Mavericks)
    * Can be an old/Secondhand card
    *DX11 compatible
    * Cheap as possible

Thats pretty much it. As I said, It doen't need to be a new card but he wants to keep costs low.

All suggestions welcome.

2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

GTX 760.
    Job done.

3. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

As used isn't a problem I would suggest a 670 or 680 if you can find one. Slightly quicker than the 760 clock for clock but otherwise along the same lines. Should find one for around £100-120 depending on model.

4. Spigsy

Spigsy What's a Dremel?

Plus one for a 670 or 680 at the right price, great bang for buck. Bear in mind that FIFA actually has really very modest recommended GPU requirements afaik... a second hand 560ti or better would probably max it at 1080 without too much problem if money is really tight! A 680 would be well worth stretching to though.