1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Online beer

Discussion in 'General' started by monkeyville, 2 Sep 2015.

1. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Anyone bought beer online or via a subscription type system that's delivered to your door? Really got into my ales in the last few years but only so many kinds at Tesco.

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Yes, when my local selection of craft beer was poor. I've bought some from an online store. These days though craft beer is way more common, to a point where ordering online isn't worth the hassle of dealing with deliveries or the extra expense.

3. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Not really ordered beer online. I found it worth looking in a few supermarkets though - Morrison's have different stock to Tesco, & Sainsbury's went through a phase of stocking their own branded craft beer - their uk made kolsch "tribute" a few years back was really good. Aldi & Lidl do actually hold some decent stock too, though generally not that varied on the ales.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've bought from beers of europe a few times, and brewdog direct several times.

Not had any issues that I'd write home about, and no breakages.

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Try "Ales By Mail" or "Beer Hawk"

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

You should try and get to their warehouse / shop :thumb: don't forget to take a lot of cash :jawdrop:

7. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

It's quite something, about 40min from mine :D The drive home often sounds like a clinking bottle orchestra in the car.

8. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Support your local micro's. Have you tried this one?

http://littlebeer.co.uk/how-buying-beer-online-works

Looking around the website it sounds like a decent company making decent craft beer (the founder says he's influenced by Dogfish Head brewery from the States). They even deliver for free to the Guildford area.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm not sure I'd survive the encounter, if I tried!

I struggle enough with the beer stores in Germany >.>

10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

St Peters, Greene King or Adnams?

11. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Well 'Beers of Europe' which I was referring to, but all of those are within an hour... it's cheaper to buy from supermarkets than direct though.

The Adnams brewery tour was good fun, my missus doesn't drink beer so I was pretty pissed after drinking her's and my halves during the beer tasting :D

12. Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome I go to 11

I got a Beer Hawk selection for Fathers Day this year for my Dad. 30 bottles (or cans!) for £75. Admittedly a bit more expensive than going down to the supermarket and grabbing some off the shelves, but the selection you get from these kind of boxes is phenomenal. Of the 30 he had I only recognised about a half-dozen names, and those were mostly Brewdog ones.

I wouldn't order them all the time but for Christmas its just something a bit different.