1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gran Turismo 5 for Q4 2010 release?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Feb 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Gran Turismo: the Duke Nukem of racing games.

It's just another sign of Sony's increasing arrogance over the last few years. It's like they don't care, because whatever they do, people will buy it in droves.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

More chance of me becoming an overnight reviewing success.

It would be NICE to see it, but given the pedantic attitude the GT team have taken to just about everything, they'll probably be too busy mapping the individual pieces of gravel in every gravel trap, and its effect on each car they modelled.

4. stewis

stewis What's a Dremel?

maybe it will be a release game on the PS4 when ever they release that :p

5. Stormwulf

Stormwulf A mod to far?

Was hoping to get it for my 40th birthday this summer.

On the plus side,at least when this games actually released into the wild i'll be retired and have more time to play it!

6. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

When the PS3 was launched I told myself I wouldn't buy one until GT5 came out. Still waiting...

7. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Ok, I am starting to think that we will see Forza 4 before we see GT5.

Hopefully it will be good enough to justify its stupidly long development time.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

why is it whenever there is news about gt5 people just bitch and whine, jesus **** people you'd moan more if it was released and buggy. its not like there are no other games out there to entertain yourselves until it released.

sheesh.

9. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

The problem it now faces is that it has been hyped to superstar status. Maybe it could be the title that dampens the franchise because there is no way it can live up to the time taken to develop it ...

I've started to wonder if it will be a PS4 launch title.

10. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

I thought after the recent demo, the game seriously needed better camera angles, the cockpit felt static, I love GT and am thinking another year on we will need to see something more than the demo offers...

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

The 'moaning' probably stems from the fact that GT5 was supposed to be launched around when the PS3 was first launched.

Here we are 3/4 years later and no GT5.

In that time we have seen TWO Forza games both pushing the bar higher and higher for GT5 to clear.

12. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Damn, I just traded Prologue assuming 5 would be out in march :( At least i still have Forza I suppose.

Oh well hopefully when it comes out the engine performance will have benefitted from a bit of extra time as GT academy showed slowdown and that was with graphics pared back over prologue, it definitely stillneeds work to match the likes of Forzas engine performance, still it was a better drive than Forza is particularly with the wheel.

13. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

im waiting on this before really considering buying PS3. the delays are making me lose the taste for this, doesnt feel like itll ever be out. a few months ago this was slated for christmass 2009 release now its slipped another year

wonder how many of the cars will be out of date by the time this is out

14. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

If people will buy it no matter what, then why not release it now?

I agree with the earlier blog that said the game can't match up to GRiD and they're going back to the drawing board.

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

maybe they do care and know their game wasn't up to today's standards and therefore wanted to make sure it would be instead of releasing something they would get bad publicity from. Japanese are proud... Sony couldn't be any more Japanese (if that makes any sense)

It's not like Polyphony was working on 10 projects at the same time. They've been working on one project.. they need to get it right

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

please tell me you are taking the piss with that statement?! no really!

17. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Grid is by far the best racing game for me, although i don't own any consoles so i cant comment on them :p

18. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

It's actually Portuguese or has it changed? I'm picking on it because I am one x)

Like Ghys said, they need to get it right... Said once before and I'll say it again, the time Polyphony has put in every GT game gets bigger with every new game. The time frame between GT1 to GT2 is less than GT2 to GT3 and that applies to GT3 to GT4. I have the outmost respect for the Team and Kazunori Yamauchi - the creator. The GT franchise grows bigger with every year and the today's technology had made great improvements to games and maybe just maybe they're making use of it in GT5.

Jokes like Duke Nukem are okay, it helps to digest the delay but complaining and **tching all the time when a delay comes out... You're acting like women xD

Make us wait but make the game worthwhile is what we should ask for.

19. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

words its all just words

20. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

If the game is not finished, then its not finished. You people moan as if you have the right to play it now. You have no such right, so wait like the rest of us or stop moaning.

If I was making a game, I wouldnt let anyone know about it until it hit the shelves.

Tags: Add Tags