1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Snow white remodel

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MUDA, 1 May 2015.

1. MUDA

MUDA What's a Dremel?

i built this a whabout a month ago and during the time i knew i wasn't 100% percent happy with. It felt like their was something missing,
    [​IMG]

a couple of days after i saw a featurde build of the phantom white out ,. I then thought OOOOOO like many others did, therefore , decided to spend some time modifying the interior of my case, to something a bit more in the theme to the out side of the case. Something clean sleek attractive and elegant i suppose.

i took apart my gtx 970 and sprayed it white,[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ][​IMG]

i took my 2 hard drives apart sprayed them white the hard drives in addition to painting them i put the g1 gaming logo on them

re sleeved my cables, sprayed my power supply and changed my ram completely. Got rid of the crucial bullistix and swapped them for the Kingston hyper x same frequency just and more suiting colour.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i was going to go with a custom water cooling rig but very difficult in this case as it is itx plus it would take up to much space and i don't like busy interior so i went with the h75 and covered the tubes in plastidip..

[​IMG]
    So many ways i tried to do this, stencil and spray paint didnt look good,stencil and acrylics didn't look good, free hand didn't look good so i ended up using Photoshop and a vinyl print.
    [​IMG]
    i got new RGB led light which are controlled with a remote and has numerous colour mode and effects.

[​IMG]
    http://postimg.org/image/qxbdwudml/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The best looking part for me is the windforce light on the white gigabyte gpu. The worst part i believe to be the cpu cooling tubes. I really wanted water cooling. i still need to do something with the 2 empty 3 inch internal hdd bays , its just dead space at the moment. i have taken some pictures and
    . so i hope you enjoy looking at this as much as i enjoyed building it, screaming at it and playing with it .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is a before

[​IMG]
    and after
    [​IMG]

hope u enjoy

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

OK, Mods really need to lock the MOTM category to admin only...

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I've changed it to case mod - first time I've seen someone do that tbh :D

4. storm-83

storm-83 Minimodder

Looks good
    That white windforce is sweet
    The two empty bays should leave ample room for future mods / custom watercooling components...