1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Humans

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookie, 21 Jun 2015.

1. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Anyone watching this? Last week was pretty awesome, but I hope the show doesn't descend into people having affairs with Androids.

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

i watched about 10 minutes before getting annoyed that these really really advanced robots are based based in a world that is still from the present.

seems like a 1hr doctor who episode broken down in 10 1hr parts or whatever they usually are.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Interesting ideas, well depicted; but as always it is going to be spun out too long and the more interesting implications not explored beyond the obvious tropes.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Usual Channel 4 rubbish. They advertise themselves as edgy but I think they have a different interpretation on that than the rest of us. Most of their so called reality content is pretty much the same just with a name change. That also goes with their comedy, same faces appear time after time.

5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I'm quite enjoying it so far - I find the questions that it asks interesting and am not too put off by the fact that it's set in today's world rather than off in the future. In a way that's already been done but basing it in today's world is a bit different.

6. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Watched the first episode and thought it was dull as ditchwater.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The pacing is too slow (IMO). Build-ups to plot lines so long that by the time you get there, you've lost interest.

I can get past the idea that it is set in a contemporary world. If the series tries to paint a futuristic world, it becomes too distracting a backdrop and the story of the robots and how they impact on society is just kind of lost within that.

Also: think of the story as an analogy: robots = Third World immigrants. Interesting perspective, no?

"How come I've never seen you people before?"

"Because we are the people you do not see. We are the ones who drive your cabs. We clean your rooms. And suck your cocks." --Dirty Pretty Things

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

S'alright, it's no 'I robot', but it's OK for a TV show so far.

Slow as a slow thing flowing uphill in winter time but then isn't everything now (GoT, Falling Skies, Walking Dead et al)