1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Synology Disk Station 4.0 released!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Parge, 8 Mar 2012.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm sure some of you have been looking forward to this!

Some of the highlights....

Antivirus Essential- Included antivirus software
    Improved Apple support- added support for Airport Express/Extreme and integration with iCloud saves time in configuration
    Enhanced mobile support- updated apps for iOS, Android (including tablets), and Amazon Kindle Fire
    Cloud Station and QuickConnect- for easy file synchronization
    Improved Package Center

wyx087 likes this.
  2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i just read through its release note, interest to note: ability to act as DHCP server + wireless hot spot using wireless dungles. does that mean i can just plug it in anywhere, connect a laptop to it wirelessly and access its contents? no router required?

the cloud service seems very demanding, looks like my 410j can only handle 2 accounts. :(

i'll have to install it this weekend :D my 410j with its puny processor is starting to buckle under the load, i am going to need to disable services and uninstall stuff like iTunes library, my one is feeling slow now, with family members using it as photo host (this seems to be really demanding!) and SABnzbd unrar files at random times. luckily it has never made streaming videos unplayable, so that's good.

also, what's this myDS thingy?