1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Razer launches Seirēn 'studio-grade' microphone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 12 Dec 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

No response curves listed on page. No spec-sheet. No balanced output. No line-output at all. No compatibility with existing studio equipment.
    No studio would touch this thing with a bargepole.

3. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

I have previously bought a plethora of high-end Razer products, headsets, keyboards, mice to name a few, it was the one brand i coveted being an avid PC gamer.
    I have now moved onto ASUS ( Republic of Gamers) range as i feel it offers greater value and quality.

Without reviewing the Razer Seiren i would be a little apprehensive given its a first attempt.

It would have to come with free Myrrh at that price.

I use a Samson CO1u along with Cakewalk or Audacity Software for my needs, and it is blindingly superb at about Fifty quid.

I have also owned the Snowball which is off the chart at about 60.00.(NOW)

So some big toes it wants to thread on with this product....Good luck.

4. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

By the features it looks to be competing with the Blue Yeti Pro.

Not sure what the real difference is in the Yeti Pro vs Seirēn other than the Yeti Pro has an XLR output. They both appear to be 192KHz/24 bit.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2014
  5. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

blue been making microphones for years and is still cheaper than that thing by razor I might be wrong but I cant see it going very far. Also I cant see alot of streamers agreeing to

Responsibilities as a Razer sponsored streamer
    As a Razer sponsored streamer there are a few obligations that you must adhere to when creating your content.
    When possible the Razer Seirēn microphone must be present in your video recording with the Razer logo facing the camera
    When asked about what microphone are you recording with you should call out that you are using a Razer Seirēn digital microphone
    In your video descriptions or additional information section you must have a call out stating that you are recording with the Razer Seirēn (e.g. Mic – Razer Seirēn)
    - See more at: http://www.razerzone.com/sponsored-streamer#sthash.u7xqaLwh.oyqReDOH.dpuf

Last edited: 13 Dec 2014