1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling w/c pump not working

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by chadwokie, 8 Jan 2011.

1. chadwokie

chadwokie What's a Dremel?

hey guys about 6months ago i built a new rig and went water cooling, totaly i almost craped my pants when i relised my rig had just turned it self off because it had over heated.

so i open it up and take a look and my pump no longer seems to be working

when i power up now it turns about 15degres then stops and trys again does that about 3 times then doesnt do anything

its a swift tech xs pc pump

any ideas would be greatfull as im at a lose with out it till monday and can ring up scan for help

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Do you have a regular air cooler & fan you can use on the CPU?
    Otherwise I would suggest cleaning out the broken one to check it isnt just clogged or anything and retest it. If that fails and it still refuses to spin, even with no load, then its done for and you'll have to wait until monday to talk to scan.

3. chadwokie

chadwokie What's a Dremel?

yeh thanks neil just got finished with emptying the whole loop wanted to make sure there wasnt something flowing threw there shouldnt of been.

pump looks dead to me it keeps stalling even with no load

sadly i have a gfx cooler block as well as the water cooler block so i think im goin to be lazy (cant be arsed fitting the stock air fans back on the gfx card) and wait till monday :(

just hope my pc shut down befor the overheat did any damage

4. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

do you recall what your thermal cutoff is set to in BIOS? i generally lower mine to a lower temp than the stock setting...since the stock setting is usually much too hot for my taste.

even if its stock, im sure it shut down before any damage occurred.