1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable USB 3.0 Sabertooth x58 BSOD

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ballastix, 28 May 2011.

1. ballastix

ballastix What's a Dremel?

Recently bought a USB 3.0 external drive. Plugged it into my pc and began to transfer files (about 50gb). It then started to disconnect the reconnect the drive, at first i thought this was a faulty drive or cable. Then I plugged it into my USB 2.0 slots. It worked fine and transferred the files with no problem at all. So I looked on the Asus site for bios/driver updates and there seemed to be quite alot centered around the USB 3.0 ports "Fix USB3.0 Overcurrent check may fail" and "Improve USB compatibility." updated to both of these with no success and a few BSOD's. Currently Ive rolled back to a stable bios.

I do want to get this drive transferring at 3.0 speeds without instability, so I was wondering is it worth me getting an external 3.0 hub with external power to stop the under powering and disconnecting, or buying a pci 3.0 card to bypass the controller until working dirvers/bios comes out.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

What external drive are you using? Is it USB-IF certified?

Because the Renesas chipset in the Sabertooth is and have you tried the latest drivers as well as BIOS? Have you also tried connecting it at BIOS defaults with no overclock and overvoltage?

3. ballastix

ballastix What's a Dremel?