1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Laptopbattery diagnosis

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Xir, 1 Jun 2013.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

From one day to the next my laptop stopped starting to boot from battery.
    It works fine when plugged in, but didn't show a lot of battery degeneration before.

My diagnosis would be a broken battery pack, what would yours be?

Also, as I'll probably have to replace the battery. Are there any "brands" on amazon that you have made a good experience with?
    Original is unavailable i think, and I have very poor experience with replacement batterypacks for cellphones

2. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Sounds like it, fairly common. You could run a multimeter over the terminals to be sure.

As for brands, I can't really help you but I haven't run into problems with generic replacements from ebay -- if you do go that route ensure you're buying from a UK seller so you're not waiting 7 years for delivery from the east.

3. Xir

Xir Modder

Thx.
    I'd buy over Amazon...

4. Xir

Xir Modder

Can't measure it, the leads from my multimeter don't fit.

Anyway I've ordered a replacement battery. The original one cost's more than the netbook is worth. :D
    Naaah, the replacement 9-cell 6600mAh is 30€, the original 6-cell 4400mAh one is 60€.

I got 8 hours couchsurfing out of the original one, so I've got good hopes. :thumb: