1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Pci network card connection issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by LeeH, 16 Jan 2016.

1. LeeH

LeeH What's a Dremel?

Hi all im having a problem with a tp link tg-3269
    Im trying to run two network cards one for internet / remote access and a private internal network for IP camera's. network config is not my problem though its the network card.
    when I fit the tp link to my gaming pc which has GA-Z77X-DH3 motherboard and I5-3750k windows 10 I can set up the network no problem.
    But when I fit to my home server MSI 760GM-E51(MS-7596) motherboard and AMD FX-6350 the card will not connect to anything, the latest driver is installed and the device is working properly is reported in properties but no connection can be made weather I set it automatic obtain ip or manually configure it.
    if unplug the on board network and only run the tp link it just reports unidentified network.
    The pc has got all hard drive ports used and a PCI-E sata expansion card so I had postulated that perhaps when all sata and pata port are used there may be a lane or bandwidth restriction but I cant find anything in the manual or any clear setting in the bios so im stuck...
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    My next option would be to buy a PCI-E nic if no solution can be found but I would still like to know what the issue is...