1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Samsung announces Mac Pro-like ArtPC Pulse family

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 11 Oct 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Have Samsung made desktops recently? The last one I saw was a 286 lol.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

They've mostly been concentrating on all-in-one systems under the Ativ brand over the last few years, plus the occasional Chromebox. Oh, and the NX-series thin clients, of course.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Ahh I see. Not sure I like this cylinder. Like the Harman idea though but I don't like the top. It looks like a wedding cake.

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Does it spontaneously combust?

6. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

No one's going to say it? Ok, I will - It looks like the base of a vibrator. Just imagine a big pink...actually, you know what? Don't...

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Looks terrible.

edit: But then I'm a fan of black monolith cases like the Corsair 700, 800 and 900D. Or Fractal Design R series cases for quiet 'n' minimal dust...

And at least someone else asked first whether it would randomly burst into flames!:lol:

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

9. Gareth Halfacree

I must have missed the part where Apple issued a global recall for faulty batteries in phones that were literally catching fire, replaced them with 'fixed' batteries which also caught fire, then admitted defeat and cancelled production of an entire product line.

Samsung is catching ess-aitch-one-tee for the Note 7 fiasco because it deserves to. It's the biggest fire-hazard eff-up in recent history. No other manufacturer has come close to screwing up on such a level as Samsung.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I'd question if it isn't a much more widespread issue resulting from archaic battery design and the ever increasing demands placed on them, essentially implying it was inevitable to happen to someone.

(and no, that doesn't absolve Samsung of guilt in how they handled it)

11. Gareth Halfacree

If that were the case, we'd be seeing roughly even numbers of failures spread across devices and manufacturers. We are not; we are seeing Samsung Note 7s failing at a far higher rate than any other device from any manufacturer. Equally, we know it's not what Samsung originally claimed - i.e. a screw-up from the battery manufacturer - 'cos the replacement batteries which, presumably, Samsung has checked to make sure they're OK are also exploding.

That means it's Samsung's fault, through and through. It's a design flaw in the Note 7, as proven by the fact that Samsung is ditching the entire design and refunding everyone. There will be no more Note 7s, and I'd be surprised to see if there's ever another Note at all; the brand is now badly tainted.

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Agreed logic would dictate that Samsung would abandon the Note brand, or at least a very severe price drop for a Note 8 to bring them in line with the competition.

But apparently people who have a Note 7 don't care:

http://www.gsmarena.com/despite_sec...usage_numbers_continue_to_rise-news-21070.php