1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple OSX Sierra SMB Shares

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Pookie, 9 May 2017.

1. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Guys

I have an interesting issue which is limited to OSX. The Apple device access a couple of network shares over SMB. For a few days it works fine but then it complains about file in use etc. I resolve this by closing the users sessions on the server and then its fine for a few days.

Is there some sort of setting on the MAC that I can change to insure it closes it's sessions to the server? Or limit the session times on the server somehow? Again its on on the OSX devices that have this issue.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Have you tried unmount the network share and remount it?

I've had problems with file access after MacBook goes to sleep with network share mounted. So now I always unmount it before putting to sleep.

3. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes I have tried that, but getting the user to do that each time would be a challenge in itself. Its almost like the MAC forgets to say to the server "hey I'm done now" and doesn't let go. Windows PC's are working perfectly (never thought I would say that).

Last edited: 10 May 2017