1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Black Desert Online

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hitman, 17 Mar 2016.

1. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Just started a 7 day guest pass of this (many thanks to Sentinel-R1 :thumb:)

There's no denying its Korean roots, but man is it beautiful and alive. I got to the first hub town and was amazed by it, there were people everywhere - trading and crafting, loading up carts to go to the next town, jumping in boats to head out to sea or heading back in. This side of the game is whats really perked my interest. Its early days and I'm still learning exaclty how the game works (the learning curve is steep), but its truly exciting to be able to get into the crafting/trading side of the game and I hope not have to worry about PVE/PVP and gearing up.

Anyone else playing at the moment?

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  2. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

It felt too much like archeage. I don't trust mmo's that were originally designed for a Korean target audience and environment anymore. The way they approach games is just not synced to how I like to approach them.

It's very pretty though.

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've been playing since launch over on the Alustin server with the OcUK crowd.
    Really enjoying the game so far.

I especially like that PvP is locked out until level 45, so nobody is going to be giving new players a hard time. I'm more about the trade and crafting side of MMO games, so it's nice to not have to worry about my activities being too badly interrupted... I also like that if you attack someone who isn't flagged for PvP, you'll lose karma and if you lose enough you should eventually be attacked by town guards.

Fishing is my total obsession in MMO games and I quite like the mini-game they've implemented into Black Desert. It's not too button mashy to be annoying and just enough that you have to pay attention (although you can let the auto-fishing take over if you want to go afk).
    Currently working on my own fishing boat so I can go out exploring the ocean a bit more and hopefully find a nice rare catch.

4. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

I may check that server out. I'm finding Eden a bit.....immature. I'm too old to put up with the 12 year old chat about cybering and dicks :eyebrow:

But yeah...checked out fishing last night and enjoyed it. And I got a donkey! Named him Norman and had a ride along the beach. It felt like all those summer holidays riding the donkeys at Great Yarmouth :hip:

Last edited: 18 Mar 2016
  5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I wouldn't be overly surprised if the chat on Alustin was similar, before I removed it from my interface it was a lot of political bashing and bad religious humour.
    I'll be online tonight from 8:30pm and most of Saturday if you do decide to jump on over to the Alustin server.

Not actually rode on my mount yet, I tend to run everywhere to increase stamina.
    My poor donkey must think I've abandoned him...

6. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

I got a 7 day code from a friend the other day. Played it this morning for an hour got to level 13 before i turned it off.

Its ok, not spectacular. Looks pretty good but it just didnt hook me.

7. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Games crap, i have two spare keys if anyone wants to try it...

Last edited: 14 Apr 2016
  8. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Check out the OCUK thread, they post keys there all the time.

9. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'm interested in trying this if you've still got keys? I'm looking for something new to try and this looks like something interesting.

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I'd like a spare key too. My wife and I need a new MMO...

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

So I got a trial key from someone I know and after a couple days, ended up buying it myself. I absolutely love this game and I'm not one for MMOs. It's massive, open and the combat is just lovely. I also love the management aspects of trading, investing in places to get their attention as a trader and having to visit and seize core places to connect trade routes. There's so much to this game. I hope it stays.

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Sent keys to two people i think i may of sent hitman one by axe -.-

13. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

I did get your one thanks, but no need for it so I'll leave it unclaimed :)

I had a good week of fun with it but I have so much to play not that I wont have the time for another game for a while.

14. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Very interested in this and on the verge of purchasing it.

I don't suppose anyone has a guest pass so I could try it first?