1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Best graphics

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Greentrident, 26 May 2016.

1. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Thanks to Amazon and Noizdaemon666 I have a WQHD setup with a R9 390 to run it. According to "the internet" this is a selection of the best games on the internet for graphics quality (down smapled to those that I actually own). Which should I try out next? and why?

Witcher 3
    Dirt Showdown
    BioShock Infinite
    Far Cry 4
    Fallout 4
    Crysis 3
    Battlefield 4
    Just Cause 3
    Total War Attila

Or should I go with one of these that I also own but haven't appeared on any of the lists on the internet I found?

The Evil Within
    Shadow Warrior
    Elite Dangerous
    GRID Autosport
    Dirt Rally
    Dishonoured

Or do I wait for Dead Island Definitive Edition which I also have?

2. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Come on 46 views in the last hour and nobody has an opinion!?!

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

im just going to grab a seat and wait for our resident Gunny to magically appear when i mention the magic words....

Crysis.... Crysis... Crysis...

Seriously though, play whatever it is that YOU want to play, pretty graphics does not a good game make.

4. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Dirt Rally is fantastic, looks and gameplay.
    Dishonored is like a moving oil painting.

5. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Crysis 3, a thing of beauty and not a bad game either.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

:thumb:

to answer the original question, if you waht nothing but graphics then crysis 3 is ok (but a bad game) theres also Anno 2205 which will punch your machine in the dick when cranked to looney settings oh and the new Doom

7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Witcher 3 is meant to be both a very pretty and very good game so it doesn't seem like a bad shout!

Other than that obviously Crysis 1 if you want pretty and good (at least the beginning)

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

crysis is aging quote hard now, modding it can bring it back but mods are hard to find since crytek went full retard 5 years ago and flung **** in the eyes of its fanbase to go chase a different audience that ultimately didn't care.

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Why is there no Metro: Last Light.

Metro Redux versions are slightly better looking, 2033 in particular. Both are very very pretty indeed.

Hi Res textures and away we go. Considering it came out the same time as TF2, Halo 3 and CoD 4 it's aging pretty well.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

did...did you stop reading my post six words in? :eyebrow:

11. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Shadow of Mordor

12. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Shadow of Mordor is on the list of ones that I don't own!

I'm going to give Witcher 3 another go - it may be third person but everyone raves about it.

What would people say is the most graphically impressive game ever?

13. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

yeah...I didn't bother to read the post. :D Super cheap these days though...

14. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

I'm going to look for a cheap copy!

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

As Gunny says modded Crysis is still the best looking game IMHO. Hell, even just putting in some high res textures is good enough! I mean, look at these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All those games in your original list will be pretty though.

Mass Effect 3 with 4k textures can also be awesome.

16. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Which mod is that?

17. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

If your running Windows 10 and want a free game then Forza 6 Apex is stunning :)

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Crysis Expanded.

19. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

As already said, Crysis is a good starting point if you're focussed on graphics as it looks great out of the box and can be absolutely stunning with mods.

Dirt Rally looks pretty damn good in terms of the cars and landscapes, the models used for most other things leaves a little bit to be desired.
    Assetto Corsa and Projects Cars would be two other racing games to look at as they're rather good looking with a bit of tweaking, plus they're really good simulation games if you have a wheel.

It might be worth taking a look at the Metro Redux games, those are rather pretty to look at in a dark and gritty way. It's probably got some of the best use of lighting effects I've seen in a game and the textures are quite crisp.

Fallout 4 can look fairly decent with mods, however it looks quite abysmal out of the box. Personally if you're specifically wanting nothing more than graphics, then I'd suggest waiting until the Creation Kit has been available for a bit so the advanced modders have a chance to make some huge improvements with stuff like the high resolution textures that they do with every Bethesda game.

I'd wouldn't advise playing Just Cause 3, it has some of the worst performance issues of this generation. It plays okay for the first ten or so missions, but beyond that the game seems to have major issues with stuttering, Z-fighting, the physics goes mental, explosions lose their graphical effect and things die for absolutely no reason... it's not worth touching until Avalanche Studios put some effort into fixing it.

Dead Island is fairly decent, it's not the most visually pleasing game ever and, for me, the game-play leaves much to be desired. Personally I'd say Dying Light would be a much better choice as you can get yourself into some great locations for a brilliant photo opportunity, it has really good mechanics and it's a blast to play with a friend.

20. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Rise of the Tomb Raider.