1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Eich pledges to support Mozilla's inclusiveness

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 27 Mar 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

And he muttered under his breath...

"Just don't invite me to any of your 'so called' weddings"

3. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Backtrack of the century. He got busted and rightly so. It's a shame but Mozilla will take a hit because of this and it's not really their fault.

4. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

It's as much their fault as his fault. Mozilla is his baby and he's a bit of a bigot (IMHO). The other board members (Or whoever made the appointment) chose him as CEO no doubt based on his tech abilities and history with Mozilla.

They chose to ignore his anti-gay stance as no doubt they feel it's not important to them. Other (myself included) feel that fairness, equality and making a stand against oppression to be of a higher priority than they do.

5. Snips

It could just come down to neglect on his part for not informing Mozilla at the time of appointment. True, they should have completed thorough checks in the first place beforehand. This is such a huge PR cock up I'll be surprised if he gets to stick around. I completely agree with you btw he is a bigot.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

7. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Gareth your link's just showing an amusing headline.

I notice he doesn't mention any reason why he supports this new law proposal, it could be a valid reason he has. But leaving out any sort of explanation just makes him seem more of a gay basher.

Personally I couldn't care less who gets married, it's an outdated system which seems focused on getting people to spend vast amounts of money for a single day of being treated like.. well almost royalty.

Don't get me wrong if the right girl proposed to me, I would agree but insist it gets done on the cheap. I certainly wouldn't be the one that popped the question.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Looks like they're having problems with the website. It's readable on the homepage, though.

9. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Loved the last paragraph. I had no idea about any of those mozilla projects!

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

He hasn't got one because there aren't any.

11. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I proposed to the right girl and we're doing on the cheap twice! Party in Sydney for her family and friends, Party in Warwickshire for mine!

On topic though, yeah, if they knew he'd made this donation, they should have realised it wouldn't go down well...

12. Snips

Damn Straight!!!!!!!

13. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Pathetic attempt at PR damage limitation, if he doesn't support gay marriage then he obviously has an issue with LGBT communities.