1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Computer enthusiast standoff!

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 10 Apr 2009.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

OK, so in an effort to burn off the winter fat I have been trying to work out. I just did 29 push ups. I can do about 25-30 sit ups.

I know its hard (OK impossible) to prove so everyone is on their honor. How many can you do?

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I'll burn through 100 easy, then again, I do club swimming 6 days a week for 2 hours a day :p

3. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

I rely on my metabolism in winter, but I'm in pretty good shape throughout the warmer months. 6'2", 155 pounds.

Just (like stopped in the middle of this post) did 25 push ups and 50 sit ups. My abs and legs have always been stronger than my arms.

4. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

on average i do around 10-15 pull-ups a day because we have a spot that is convinient when I am walking back into my dorm room (old door frame).
    Other than that I just rely on metabolism. 6'1 135-140lbs

5. chrisb2e9

cool, guess I have a long way to go before I can catch up the the average so far.
    5'10 and 170lbs since I didn't post it before.

I dont to chinups, or pull ups because we dont have anything set up. but feel free to post anything you do for regular exercise in here.

6. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

1.88 metres tall (metric system in Denmark) , weighing in at 265pounds or 120kg, sponsored bodybuilder ;)

7. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

last i remember i could do like 40 pushups and atleast that many situps at a time.

maybe i'll do it sometime this weekend and see what i can do.

pull-ups = maybe 1. lol

im 5'6" ~185lbs. it varies a fair amount. could lose weight (had lost 15lbs in a few months without trying) if i eat proper. my metabolism sucks though and im fine with how i am now so it's whatever to me.

i do target shooting @ national level which require lots of endurance so it ain't like i don't do anything active though.

meh

8. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

about 7 push ups and 20 sit ups. But i do a lot of climbing and hence can do pull ups all day

9. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Situps? Ab crunches are where it's at.

Same here. Anyone have any tips how to change this?

10. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

You're not gonna burn much fat just doing pushups and situps. Do some cardio work!

11. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

I just bought a pull-up bar, put it in my bedrooms doorway, then everytime i went through the door i did 5 or 10 pullups. After a while when the 10 are easy, i started doing more and more. When i could do 80-90, I started mixing it up a bit by, wearing extra weight, using only a few fingers, different grips (like wide grip) etc. Im now working on 1 armed pull-ups although thats a while away :lol::hehe:

12. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

You get weirder. :jawdrop:

Try cold showers.

13. dom_

dom_ --->

If you can't do one with strict form (hang arms in one line not bent, legs off the floor, then lift up till your chin is at the bar and then back down again) then do negatives.

Start at the top of the bar (jump up) then lower yourself over aslong as possible. When you can manage thirty seconds start doing chin ups and pull ups.

14. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I weigh 54 kg and have no upper body strength but give me a bike and I'll get up a short hill faster than you.

15. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

182cm/ 6' tall. 75kg/ 11 1/2 stone. Don't know how many press/ sit ups, Winter without cricket or windsurfing has probably taken its toll though...

16. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

40 Push Ups and I can do 125 Twists.(Better than Situps).

I can do 80 Crunches before my neck huts(don't do it right).

I do 3-4 sets of 50 Twists and 5-6 sets of 15-20 pushups every other day..>_>

I weight 186lbs. 5'7-5'9. I'm just working on muscle definition, as I have enough mass as it is.

17. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

About 5'10" and weigh next to nothing but try hard enough to stay in shape. Can do 60 situps in one go and usually do about 20 pressups- it's important to note that you should do them as slowly as possible, not rush through them just to get the count up.

18. chrisb2e9

whats weird about trying to get back into shape?
    I'm buying a bike this week so I can add exercise to the mix.

19. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I heard gay guys are ripped! lol I can only go back to my glory days hs through 26-27.. used to play soccer :D got into boxing a bit.. alot of power lifting for strength is having a good gym and going with buds- push each other on sets (if you want to look roid raged, can't substitute weights).. besides weights running and pull-ups (wide,narrow) are a good combo to add-in.. hitting on the heavy bag, really no substitute for that! then you get in your 30's.. time to die XD

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I'm really unfit at the moment. Used to do football training every tues which was pretty vigourous but now the only excercise I do now is play league matches which barely push me.