1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks New Router?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Harddiskdriver1, 1 Apr 2010.

1. Harddiskdriver1

Harddiskdriver1 What's a Dremel?

I have recently been looking for a new home router. This came about because my wifi connection to my bedroom upstairs is very slow and even my Xbox 360's wired connection to the router cuts out and lags terribly. I'm currently using a Netgear DG something-or-other (I know it is 802.11b/g and 54Mbps). I don't know whether a new router would help with my problems or not, as it is the wired connection to my 360 I would most like to be more stable. A quick check on amazon seems to suggest the D-Link DIR-615 would be a good bet.
    I'm not a technophobe but not quite an expert either, so I'd love it if you could help me out :thumb:

Thanks for any advice you can give :)

2. _-..zKiLLA..-_

_-..zKiLLA..-_ What's a Dremel?

I say go with linksys. I cant see how any other company is still in business

3. Tsubasa

Tsubasa What's a Dremel?

Maybe you need to change your wireless router, D-Link DIR-615 router is still quite good, generally the wireless coverage will not be dropped (but if the middle of someone walking, may signal fall),Long boot no problem (my DLINK is the basic 24-hour, 365 days a year)

4. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

This thread from a few weeks ago will point you in the right direction. The D-Link 655 and the newer D-Link 8xx seemed to be recommended. Both of those have wireless N and gigabit ethernet ports.

5. SkinnerJones

SkinnerJones Banned

D Link Wireless N are the news ones. I had the Wireless G model and it worked like a charm.