1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Online tyre ordering

Discussion in 'General' started by CrapBag, 12 Jan 2015.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I need a couple of tyres for my car and I favour Avon ZV3's as they have proven to be really hard wearing and improved the grip in the front end of my Vectra no end over budgets (I used to deliberately front wheel over steer round roundabouts in the wet just to prove a point on budgets).

My usual tyre place wants £97 a tyre which is a big jump on the last time I purchased when I bought 2 Avons and a budget for the rear for £210.

I have searched online and can get them for £68.19 each, a saving of £57.62, add on to that around £10 each for fitting it seems to be the way to go.

Has anyone ordered tyres like this before?, are the tyre fitting companies okay with fitting tyres u bring yourself?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

2. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

blackcircles.com i use these normally.

3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I've ordered tyres with mobile fitting before and it's worked out fine. I think it was tyresdirectUk we used that time.

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Yeah, it's commonplace these days. You can even get them delivered to home and turn up at a garage with them in the boot, they'll happily fit and balance them. I expect it'll work out cheaper to use the full online service though.

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Got mine from black circles, partly because its local the tesco by me has a fitting shed, an that i got double club card points on them and a discount!
    Usually id use tyre leader though

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I have only ever used blackcircles, and I had my local garage to fit and balance for 12 quid each inclusive of the VAT. I thought the service from blackcircles was good, and I thought the price was keen.

7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Black circles are not a great deal cheaper then my local garage and if I have to add £12 per tyre fitting it's well over.

8. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I used BlackCircles.com and used the fitted pricing and it worked out cheaper than the most popular places like Quick Fit.

9. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

I've never found black circles to be that cheap, ive just bought tyres from camskill, had myself some hankook ventus prime 2's £8 cheaper per tyre than black circles.

10. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Actually just checked the options and black circles price was fitted so that's £182 which is better than my local garage but still cheaper dearer than the site I was looking at. I'm wondering if they add Vat?

11. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Lovetyres.com

They price match too

12. creative

creative 500rwhp

Ive used camskill and blackcircle when I lived in the UK years ago and never had a problem back then either

13. sandys

sandys Multimodder

A number of tyre places around my way will no longer fit internet ordered tyres without an excessive charge (£15-20 a wheel) that ruins the savings/hassle trade off.

I found this last year when trying to put winter tyres on.

If you use online tyre places also hit a check box to use their associated tyre fitters, takes the pain out.

14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

When I live near you so that's useful to know.

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I have always found that my local indy tyre place (called Tyreland in case you were interested) offers substantially better prices than any online service, and have a selection to rival the best of them. If it's not in stock it can usually be sorted same day.

All the while you get to enjoy service with a smile from the lads and a free cuppa.

16. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I last bought from camskill and then got my local garage to fit them.

The young lad (apprentice I think) does tyres so labour is cheaper.

17. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I used http://www.etyres.co.uk/ for some cheap tyres on my girlfriends Ka. They came and fitted them with in a day or two on the drive and were still a few quid cheaper than any of the local garages. (the tyres were dangerously bald so fitting them on the drive was a real life saver).