1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Good, bad or really naff.

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 19 Apr 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I don't know if anyone has seen the British version of Ninja Warrior? As a great fan of the Japanese version I thought that I would give this a try and as expected was disappointed. I also note that a couple of the obstacles have changed already. But that aside it just did not compare to the original Japanese program at all. Yes the participants are fit some ish but there were few real tests. And what is it that we have to have the odd contestant telling us how great he or she is and how they are going to ace the whole thing usually to fail at the first hurdle. The program reminded me of that other load of rubbish that Richard Hammond fronted and who's name escapes me but without the life jackets for two inches of water.

The other program that I thought might be fun was Newzoids which was billed as a British topical satirical puppet show but obviously not with people that can remotely impersonate the characters voices. Spitting Image it is not and I lasted 5 minutes on this tosh.

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Total wipeout?

3. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

Dam it when you said Zoids I thought you men't

as for the ninja warrior if its not the original I would not even think of watching I seen 5 mins of the American so god knows what the UK one is like

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I tied to watch it but gave up for the same reasons you stated. It was entertaining for a few minutes but if I'm honest I was just watching it for the totty. Wife and daughter love it though :D

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You lasted five minutes with Newzoids? I'm impressed. I lasted ten seconds and then beat the TV to death.

6. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

And this explains why I'd rather be in the work room than waste my life watching TV :thumb:

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Hmm, I must have missed the 'totty.' Mind you I think they could improve tue program by banning the wearing of bras for the girls anyway given that there is plenty of water to fall into. But that is just the dirty old man in me something I have cultivated over many years.

8. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Sounds like the British version of Ninja Warrior is about as good as the American version. Uninteresting courses, combined with entirely too long contestant bios, equals a derivative and boring Ninja Warrior. I really don't need to see a 3 minute bio video on a contestant when they fail to pass the first leg of the course.

9. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

FTFY

10. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

As someone who saw the filming based entirely on my opinions of the original version, The British version's course seems a lot more lack-lustre and the people seem to be a bit less bothered about it based of some of the Japanese competitors and how much training they did to how much it seemed like the UK contestants did

11. Xir

Xir Modder

Isn't that a necessary part for the "grumpy old Git's club"? :hehe:

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

No, it is not a prerequisite but it certainly helps.

13. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

My daughter (3yo) loves Ninja Warrior UK - she gets really into it and cheers people along, with big belly laughs when they fall in the water. her only complaint is that she has to go to bed half way through!

14. shindead

shindead What's a Dremel?

It possibly the worst thing I have ever seen

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The UK version of Ninja Warrior utterly sucks. It's just too... too much. The flashy graphics, the massive audience, the blaring klaxons, etc... <OldMan>I remember when times were simpler...etc...</OldMan>

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

What's with the weekly change in obstacles are the too hard for the contestants perhaps?

17. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

<>

Last edited: 26 Apr 2015
  18. rollo

rollo Modder

From what I saw of it which was not much it just looks like more ITV rubbish. They dont make very good programs though. I cant remember the last thing i watched on ITV.

19. shindead

shindead What's a Dremel?

the only good show like that we have is total wipe out!

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Total Wipeout is good? I have to disagree. Contestants with mega-sized flotation jackets in case they fall in a few inches of water obstacles made more difficult because of the amount of padding some H7s person decided it needed and finally Richard Hammond proving he should stick to cars he is so rubbish commentating on this program.