1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Aliens: Colonial Marines

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 15 Jan 2013.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, I've pre-ordered it on Steam and look forward to using my sharp stick. Anyone else following suit? Marines! Sound off!

My gut feeling is that this is going to be an amazing game - the same gut feeling that told me Dead Space was going to be awesome and Far Cry 2 was going to be a lesson in disappointment.

2. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Less of the far cry 2 bashing! I really liked it ha! But yes im thinkng about it aswell! I just love the films and dont want this to be a disapointment like the last AVP game. Which i really didnt enjoy.

"They mostly come out at night....mostly.."

3. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Its going to be a case of wait and see what the reviews say, hopefully its good but theirs every chance it could be quite poor.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I have a feeling, after this long in development, its going to be a fairly run of the mill shooter.

Time will tell!

5. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

The drop-in coop looks interesting, but I'm not pre-ordering. After AvP, I think I'll wait and see exactly what the game is like before hitting it up on Steam.

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Heh, I quite enjoyed the new AVP!
    You're quite right. I made a pledge to myself to stop buying games on preorder/release after the disappointment that was Duke Nukem/FEAR 3/etc. but couldn't help myself on this occasion.

I've also gone and preordered Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 :wallbash: . Here's hoping they live up to the hype.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I know 4 of the lads in ZiiP are getting this, so at least they will be able to give good feedback about the co-op side of things. I think they're waiting on confirmation of availability of the collectors edition of it though.

As an aside (sorry for the plug), the ZiiP Gamestore does have Colonial Marines available cheaper than the Steam price. :)

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[QUOTE='[ZiiP]As an aside (sorry for the plug), the ZiiP Gamestore does have Colonial Marines available cheaper than the Steam price. :)[/QUOTE]
    Damn, completely forgot about you guys :wallbash:

I ordered Space Marine off you as a pre-order - excellent service! Emailed me the Steam code for me as soon as it was launched and my hard copy followed suit later in the day!

9. Parge

Reviews for this go live tomorrow morning, 9am, rumour is that its absolutely diabolical.

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Diabolical as in terrible?

Or diabolical as in gory and twisted?

11. Parge

As in terrible....

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Seems like it could very well be, given the review embargo. A shame given they've had 6 years of development and numerous delays to get it right.

13. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Fingers crossed for this. Gearbox did great with Borderlands and they do stunning co-op. DNF wasn't their fault, it's was doomed to failure 10 years before they even got hold of it.

Also, DeadSpace 3 is getting mid-to-high reviews, I think people are just slating it because of the (optional) microtransactions. Crysis 3 I have high hopes for and pretty certain that will be good.

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

ouch some reviews are allready out

15. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

and....any good?

16. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

17. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

All the one's I have seen (including the one in this month's GAME magazine) have been poor. They are likening it to a poor Call of Duty with only glimpses of what it could have been.

It always looked like it was going to be a generic shooter. I was hoping they may make it a more tension based game, but it appears as if they have gone for the usual generic rubbish.

Shame.

18. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

I bought the game for the PC and I am really enjoying it. It's fun, it looks great and it's no way as bad as people are making out. I bet most people complaining haven't even played the game and are just going by a couple of 'reviews' posted online of the console versions.

I would advise people to wait for some real reviews of the retail PC version from trusted reviewers who have spent longer than an hour with the game.

19. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

i've seen console footage and it looks terrible. I''ll pass judgment on pc footage.

Also, wasn't this game supposed to have squad management? i didn't see this on the console walkthrough

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

To be fair, I haven't played the game, but the reviews I have read, it certainly looks like they have played the game for more than an hour. You have played it though, so what is it about the game that you are enjoying? Is there something that it adds to the genre that other games don't? Is it a corridor shooter? Is there some tension in the game (as per the film)?