1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Bit-tech Case Mod Index Update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 1 Feb 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'd be too scared to take a Dremel to a a TJ07!

3. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Scratch-build sorting by material might work... what about sorting by use; HTPC, gaming, server... console, car pc ;-)

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Personally I think you should have images for each case mod. The whole layout also seems a bit bare and makeshift, I realise you don't have the time to design a new layout for a pilot scheme right away but I think it would make everything 50% better.

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

We did think about this, but if it expands like we expect it will, there will be simply too many projects if you include pictures and we'll quickly run out of space. After all, it's not meant to be a gallery or list of case mods, - it's an index which allows you to quickly and easily find projects that have used a specific case or have used water cooling.

6. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

</paraphrasing>

Not even an itty-bitty 40px2 modder submitted thumbnail?

7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Got to be honest, I agree with the suggestion of thumbnails. What if you're building a mod into a certain case, but want inspiration from other case sources? You'd have to go through every single link to see if there was anything that caught your eye.

Doesn't the existing method also artificially restrict case mods to be very similar according to brand?

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Been nice catching up on some I never seen before. :) And nearly went & necro bumped some but held back. :D

Can understand no images, would be too much when the database catches up with all the awesome projects that have passed through here, probably thousands. :D

Still looking forward to the scratch build database. :rock::D

For the format for that I'd say.
    Primary Material
    Form factor Type
    I would say pro or amateur but that's probably nit picking. :D But then again if it's to serve as inspiration to others maybe not, if people believe the only way to make quality metal work is with high caliber machines then everyone will think that's the only way to do this.

Last edited: 3 Feb 2012
  9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Having thought of the pro or amateur approach bit it is silly because it goes on a lot in case mods & it mostly falls on deaf ears anyway or people selectively choose which DIYers to acknowledge. :D

So forget the pro/amateur bit. :D

I could go the pro way but it would explode my budgets & I wouldn't learn new skills & I'd have to give the credit to the machines more than myself. :hehe:

10. Xye

Xye What's a Dremel?

The thumbnails is a good idea IF when you hover over them you get a decent sized picture.

Tags: Add Tags