1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiet Desktop Case

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by slambittech, 10 May 2014.

1. slambittech

slambittech Minimodder

Hi All,

Can someone recommend a really quiet case with my desktop spec, its abit old so its getting really loud and so I want a case that is sound proof.

Was looking at the NZXT H2 Classic Silent Midi Tower Case which is £80. Looking for anything cheaper, not too worried by the looks.

Any recommendations?

Also is the NZXT H2 Classic Silent Midi Tower Case any good?

Thanks

2. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

3. slambittech

slambittech Minimodder

4. Petaflops

Petaflops Minimodder

Hi.
    I went for a Corsair Obsidian 550D for my new PC. This has sound deadening materials inside which makes the PC very quiet when it isn't folding. However when the 2 x GTX770 are on full with the fans at 100% to keep everything cool, the case becomes a bit irrelevant! I probably should have bought the cheapest, tinniest box available. Have you hoovered out all the filters and fans on your existing machine. It's amazing how much dust builds up in a machine and how it adds to the noise of fans etc. Pete

5. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

hi i have the 750d and im fed up of cleaning the filters on it with my 2 660s folding 24/7 in the living room but noise wise quiet

6. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

I usually have to clean PC filters once or twice a month on all Folding machines, as well as giving the insides a few blasts with some dust-off!

Tags: