1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding EPIA Alloy mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 16 May 2006.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Awesome mod! :) Great stuff

3. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Although I am mad about cars, that mod really isnt my thing. I have no doubt that it is an amazing mod and very original. But it isnt "spectacular" like some of the other case mods I see around.

4. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Nice work there, I would be a little too worried to go messing around with some alloys like that but you had sponsorship to help you out. You did good. :thumb:

5. Dragon

Dragon What's a Dremel?

Nice mod, I also really respect the fact that he made a point of actually pointing out the errors like wonky PSU, rather than trying to hide them in the photos.

6. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Now that is nice. That's like the Man's Version of an HTPC.

7. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Looks good shame about the wholes drilled in the rim from the first version :)

An idea i had is how about having the centre cap as the power button? That would be cool.

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

While the whole tire/rim PC really isn't for me, it's pretty well done. If you discount the fact that home theatre's don't function too well without a DVD drive or tuner.

9. BG_Geno

BG_Geno What's a Dremel?

Media PC

Excellent mod--well worth the effort. One question. Did I miss the part where V2 got a DVD ROM drive? Not much of a Media PC without a DVD ROM drive. DVD's over a networked drive are only so so.

10. BadHead

BadHead Minimodder

Yip - A wheely good mod - and one that you'll never get tyred of....!

Geddit...geddit.....Aw,well never mind.

11. Lonesarah

Lonesarah What's a Dremel?

12. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Nice mod, but I don't really feel too wowed by it. I guess because I'm a stylish but practical type of guy, and that has about no practical applications. It would just roll off a desk and stuff, so sort of less than normal practicality. Looks pretty cool though. On the plus side, if you drop your PC it will bounce and roll, so it won't break as long as its not jostled too much.

13. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

I thought the first version was terrible, personally (sorry!) but the second one looks the part. I would have used the centre badge as the power button personally.

14. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

The valve cap as the reset button would also be great :)

Maybe one of those see through valve caps, and use it as the power light and button in one?

15. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

Great mod and love the second version even more. But for my room this would not fit and would look out of place. I have to hand it to you on the originality great work and great to see that you did not leave it as it was after version 1

16. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I like computers... I like cars... I like this mod.

Fantastic :rock:

17. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Thank god you re-made that dude the origional didnt look so hot but the revision sweeps and is a very good mod indeed. Personally I would have left the tire off but that's just me.

18. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Well as for practicality

a) This computer wasnt designed for and will never be used for gameing because epias arent fast enough. That means it's only going to lans as a showpiece which eliminates practicality all together.

b) It's not going on his desk it's sitting next to his computer up against a wall and probably will only be moved once a year.

c) He made a stand for it to keep it from rolling.

d) Who said mods were practical. I used to be able to strip my comp in under an hour. Now it would take at least 5.

19. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

well allmost right .. i like cars i like the "raw" look on it .. it dont look like a computer ...

i will be using it as a "htpc", sure a dvd would be nice to have in it but not needed "i dont want any parts of the computer showing .. the cables when connected is strapped together so still dont show .. .. its connected to the lan at home works sweet , using talisman desktop on it .. only 4 big buttons showing .. photo, dvd, musik,video got a wireless keyboard with remote what more is needed..

:) ..

it will be brought to Dreamhack for show true but it will still be landing in my livingroom at the end .. (if no one buys it).. ;)

20. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

It looks very good and original. It was good to see that you started again on V2 - the first was OK, but the non-parallel PSU looked terrible.

Is it one of the first mods to blend PC and Car modding?

Tags: Add Tags