1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Sep 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Want!

3. blackcell1

blackcell1 What's a Dremel?

release it already...

4. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

There are already a couple of "boss" fights where Adams augs count for nothing, do we really need another version with a twist? The game had plenty of potential twists which all simply boiled down to conspiracies upon conspiracies that lost the depth the developers had been building. Aside from the way you play the game and a couple of choices throughout the story is very much linear.

I don't think this DLC will add much if anything at all to the game aside from another hour or two of gameplay.

5. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

I hate DLC...but I loved Human Revolution.

You leave me no choice, damn you!

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

7. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

Sounds like it could be the missing time from when you stow-away on the boat in Hengsha

8. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

DLC at one time came free with the game now, its classed as extra and a fee tag is applied

9. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Off topic: This is the first BT video in ages which works correctly in Chrome for OSX. But the quality...

Is it 1080p? Nope
    720p? Nope
    480p - surely everything does 480p - Nope

So what res is it?.... About 400 x 170px.

That's one thirtieth the resolution of full HD

One fifteenth the resolution of 720p

One fifth the resolution of DVD.

So we're talking sub VHS-LP here!

I tried watching it in full screen but the big-arsed pixels kept jumping out and me and slapping me in the face.

Ouch I hate those mean pixel bullies.

Teelzebub likes this.
  10. Fizzban

So to sum it up the vids look like ****. And I agree, they do. Which is precisely why I never watch the vids linked. It's like having chilli powder rubbed in your eye.

11. Bloodburgers

Bloodburgers Minimodder

Yeah and being in enough pain to believe your "mate" that washing it out with lemon juice is a smart idea.

12. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

Does this include his arms? Cause the game is going to be pretty tricky if you have to nuzzle everything to death.

It's kinda annoying that there is already information on DLC when a bug stopped me completing a side quest...

13. Fizzban

Which quest was that? I had one bug where a quest in the sewers wouldn't show up. I was told to read the pocket secretary to update the quest, which I did, but the game didn't recognise that and no way point was uploaded. After going though a couple different sewer levels and manholes in the second city hub I finally stumbled across the quest of my own accord.

14. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

The one where you have to investigate the daughters death. I tell the mother all the stuff I found out, and then get stuck with no dialogue options. Apparently it's caused by hacking a terminal before the story expects you to.

15. Fizzban

Oh. I didn't go back to the mother until I'd finished up at the police station (after blagging my way in).

16. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

+1

Don't forget his legs! He's going to have to crawl around on his belly like a worm.

The things is tho, the DLC will be inconsistent with the game since he climbs in a capsule and later climbs out once it has clearly been unloaded from the ship and the container. So I just don't get the point of trying to inject further content in to the game whose premise is clearly flawed.

17. elmondinio

elmondinio What's a Dremel?

The choices that this game provides are incredible, cant wait to play it

18. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Just found out about this, are you freaking kidding me? I just bought this damn game. Why wasn't this stuff in it? If a game dev release a game and then instantly carry on working on new missions for it, that's not releasing a game and an addon pack, that's releasing an incomplete game and then charging me to buy the last 10% of it.

God damn these guys make piracy tempting.

Zurechial likes this.
  19. acsnet83

acsnet83 woopa

20. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Pretty much this.

I played through DXHR once after release, and then started a second run but found myself losing interest.
    Once the initial joy of playing a game of its type wore off, I came to realise that it's a largely forgettable game. It has its moments, but it's just not that special.

Not a bad game, and I definitely enjoyed it but it was too short, had some game-breaking design flaws and just didn't make a huge impact on me in the long-term.
    I'd go as far as to say it's around the same level as Invisible War for me overall - Better in some ways, worse in others.

Because of that, the DLC really doesn't tempt me. If it were free DLC I'd be tempted (not excited) to play it. At €10 I couldn't really be bothered.

Tags: Add Tags