1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics *cry* my moniter, please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Buttcrack, 15 Jul 2002.

1. Buttcrack

Buttcrack What's a Dremel?

everything on my screen now has a pink tint and i have no idea why or how to fix it, its so ugly, i thought my vid card had gotten shaken up so i unscrewed and re mounted it, no fix, if noone has any other tips i will continue to bang on the side of it and un plug/re plug the moniter cable. :miffed:

update - pretty much everything that is green is now black, and i think this is why everything looks pink. is there a way to fix this?

update - plugged in a new moniter and it has all normal colors so it must be somthing physically wrong with the moniter, are there places that can repair them or somthing?

Last edited: 15 Jul 2002
  2. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

I've only seen this under 2 cicumstances.

First, when the monitor plug was not firmly connected to the video card.
    Since you've reseated your card, this probably isn't it.

Second occurance, is with a monitor that is dieing.

Hopefully someone else has seen this under different circumstances.

3. Buttcrack

ok, in the color settings on my functional moniter i am able to ajust red green and blue. on my pink moniter i can adjust red and blue, and for green where there should be a % bar, it just says FIXED and i cant change it. is there such a thing as a firmware update for a moniter? :sigh: :cries:

4. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Wiggle the monitor lead at the monitor end to see if that works, if so its a loose connection inside.

5. muse46

muse46 What's a Dremel?

i had this exact problem and the monitor is now taking pride of place under my stairs in its box.

i was told that an electron gun (or something) was fooked, which is in the tube, so no repair. i found hitting it very hard cured it for about 10 mins, and then it went pink again!!

what kind of monitor is it?

6. Buttcrack

its a viewsonic, i have fixed the problem (sort of) by jamming the cable to the left and taping it in that postion (go figure.) i think it might be under warranty still *crosses fingers* so im emailing the company to see if i can get it fixed.

herbs - please delete this post admin? wtf

7. macroman

macroman The One

The monitor is only showing two of the three (RGB) colours. This can be caused by one of many things. I am not going to tell you how to fix it since working on monitors can be dangerous. Take it to a local TV/Video repair shop. The cost of repair need not be high. (Unless the tube itself is at fault in which case a new monitor is probably the best way forward). This is a common problem and is often caused by a simple dry joint, often on the drive card plugged on the end of the CRT, right by the heater element! - There I've said too much ;)

Hmm just read your last post - obviously the cable is at fault ;)

8. Buttcrack

thanks, ill see what i can do about finding a new cable, even if its under warranty its probably a lot cheaper to buy a new cord than shipping a 50 lb box 2 ways, lol.

9. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

If its under warranty they will swap it out at their cost not yours.

10. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I know Hansol do swap outs on their monitors, I had 3, no wait 4 go wrong on me last year until I got a good working 1!!

11. Yoda

Yoda What's a Dremel?

HMMM.....

I am having a similar problem but it does not show the Red. I guess I'll give that a try.

Tags: