1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling First watercooling setup in an FT03

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by r3loaded, 31 May 2013.

1. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

I planning to watercool my main rig shortly, mainly because summer is coming and I've been mining for Litecoin for a while now. The main snag is that the FT03 doesn't have much room for radiators so I'm planning an external radiator setup like this guy over at OCN, except I'll be using a single loop and narrow 13/10mm tubing instead of 19/13mm for space reasons.

Here are the components I've chosen:

Are all of those components I've selected going to be fine for this build? In particular, is there enough cooling capacity for the CPU/GPU and does the Air Penetrator fan give enough static pressure for the radiator?

2. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Anyone?? Just need some tips/advice, or for someone to say it's a-ok! :)

3. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

What voltage you running your overclock at? Have you clocked your 7970 also? In terms of radiator surface area, a 200 rad sits mid way between a 240 rad and a 360, so I think you'll be okay in that respect.

There can be a lot to consider such as flow rates, fin density, static pressure etc. With all that, there can be a tendency to over think it. Just keep it simple and you'll be alright.

r3loaded likes this.
  4. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

CPU is currently at 1.3V, not pushed it harder yet so I'm sure there's plenty more headroom left. 7970 has been pushed to 1175Mhz without overvolting so there's an opportunity too. For me it's more about keeping the system quiet and cool rather than absolute performance.