1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Splitting my loop/280mm Rad enough?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 25 Jul 2013.

1. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I'm considering splitting my current loop and running my OC'd CPU on my 360mm rad (47mm thick)in top of the case and then running a second loop for my 2 GTX 670 4gb sc cards using either a 240mm (47mm thick) or a 280mm (either 60mm or 86mm thick) rad in the bottom of the case.

I just wanted to check with you guys as to whether you think the cooling of each component will be sufficient?

Whilst we are on the subject, any suggestions for 140mm rad fans?

2. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I would think that would be more than enough cooling. I am running my 3770k @ 4.6ghz and my overclocked Titan on a 180mm rad and a 120mm rad. Granted I have de-lidded my 3770k, but even before I did that it coped ok.
    The 670's don't generate massive amounts of heat so a 240mm or 280mm rad will be ample cooloing.

As for a 140mm fan, the Corsair Air series seem to be in vogue at the moment.

Any reason for wanting to run two loops? I've tried this myself in the past and whilst you can get better results it's not by much. I've found with a single loop, a double bay reservoir and 2 rads the temps are pretty much the same

Last edited: 25 Jul 2013