1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling EK FC Titan SE Leaking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Seb.F, 18 Dec 2013.

1. Seb.F

Seb.F Minimodder

Hi all - has anyone else seen an EK block leak like this before?

Originally I thought it was the O rings linking the block to the terminal but after putting tissue/pieces of paper down the side of the block there is NO leakage there, it seems like it's coming from BETWEEN the acetal and nickel??

The red line is where the water seems to leak from.

O Rings are fine...
    [​IMG]

Leaking in an odd place:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Blocks gone bad by the looks of it. Get a replacement if you can, otherwise it'll be time to take it apart!

Might be the blocks rubber has degraded. I usually apply silicone grease to the outter regions and also to the rubber itself with the water blocks I've played with. Put pay to many a leak in my water cooled rig.

3. Seb.F

Seb.F Minimodder

Yeah, I'll try get in touch with specialtech as that's where I got it from, brand new in the last week.

Guess my aim of building it up on christmas day is out the window then... seeing as they are closed from friday night until the 2nd jan so doubt I'll get this resolved...

4. Si_the-dude

Si_the-dude Techaholics Anonymous. 0 days clean

GUTTED for you mate :( Have you tried both cards individually with the standard connection on them?

5. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

possibly going down the route of W/Cing my 2 titans for the first time and this terrifies me :/

have you got a link to the block in question so i can check to see if mine (i have one already but not installed yet) is the same one?

6. Seb.F

Seb.F Minimodder

Its an ek FC titan se acetal / nickel block. The other one is fine but if you look at a picture of the titan se block in clear material you can see the o ring between the nickel and outer material quite clearly. This may be where mine has been leaking from.

It is most definitely not leaking from the terminal seal though - I had thin strips of paper down either side of the seal and it was bone dry. Yet the tissue under the card was soaking after only a short time stress testing. It seemed to only do it when warm. Or at least when it was cold it didn't really have enough leakage for me to pick up on.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

7. Si_the-dude

Si_the-dude Techaholics Anonymous. 0 days clean

Any chance it's where the screws go through the card and into the block dude? I couldn't help but notice on my FC Titan SE blocks that the end of the threads for the bridge screws was alarmingly close to the actual water chamber inside the card.

Also, are all of the bolts/screws that seal the two halves of the gpu block together all okay?

8. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I had the same on my 7950 block when it arrived. Sent back and replaced. Just glad I tested it proper mush. Get yo self a replacement!

Of course if there is no warranty sticker try fix it yourself... I'd hate to wait all over Xmas. I was also dubious myself as to it being something I could just reseal.

9. Seb.F

Seb.F Minimodder

I'll be honest I've not really wanted to mess around with it too much but will take a look when I get back tonight! Won't be until 11ish as am in London most of the day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

10. Seb.F

Seb.F Minimodder

Tightened it up and it's still pissing water, specialtech sending me one for tomorrow, will send this back soon.

11. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Think I have something similar with my EK 290 blocks, initially assumed I hadn't got all the air out but have lost a ~100ml in a couple of days again, what it is a good way to track it down, I can't visibly see anything.

Wondered if it could just be evaporating due to heat through my ropey reservoir seal?

Last edited: 21 Dec 2013
  12. Seb.F

Seb.F Minimodder

Well mine sit upright (motherboard sits on a box) so it was easy to see mine as it starting dripping onto the tissue I had left there.

Not sure how it would have gone had I had it upright in a case though...

Got a new one now anyway - all working ok.