1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Radiator Fan Dilemma; Comparing Static Pressure of low and high end fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GradyTheG33k, 9 Jun 2014.

1. GradyTheG33k

GradyTheG33k What's a Dremel?

At some point I plan on watercooling my PC, and I know that w/ radiators the rpm's and sometimes even the airflow(CFM's) dont always tell you how it will perform when mounted on the rad. I have a personal love for the Coolermaster SickleFlow 120mm Fans, They move alot of air @ 2000RPM and have a CFM Rating of 69. Their value for Displacement (How MUCH air they move) and its: 2.94mmH20. So I took those specs and compared them to a few higher end fans from bitfenix,corsair, and nzxt: I couldn't find A single one of their fans that had remotely similar specs of the CM Sickleflow's.

Ive used The Sickleflow's in All-in-One setups 2-3 times and they do very well as far as moving the air through the finstack and exhausting the hot air. They do just as well if not better than their included Corsair Static Pressure fans included.

My Question: Is there any reason why I shouldn't use the Sickleflows? I know there not commonly used on wc rad's but The numbers dont lie, and I've seen proof in AIO Setups.

- Grady 0-0'

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Numbers don't lie but manufacturers are economical with the truth and the results, unless they test the same way as everyone else, are meaningless. This is one set of tests.

Unfortunately Martin doesn't have the time or money do do lots of tests on fans but his fan tests on rads are some of the best.