1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling R9 295X2 linked to custom loop.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by atc95, 5 Sep 2014.

1. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

I presume this voids the warranty but is it possible to use the existing cooler on the R9 295X2 as part of a custom loop as it looks like the tubing is just attached to the radiator with barbed fittings, if I removed one of them and attached it to a custom loop would there be any issues?

2. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

what metal is the block?

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

It would probably void the warranty. If you're going to do this, I'd take the stock cooler off completely and get a proper water block for it. That way, you can't ruin the cooler if it had to go back for a repair for whatever reason.

I am aware that removing the cooler can void your warranty, but it is far less likely to be rejected than a pulled apart stock cooler.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

the tubing and barbs on the AIO coolers are of an odd size. When i modded my antec 620 (another asetek unit) i had to leave a small amount of the normal tubing over the bars and fit 13/10 tubing over the top of that. link's in sig if you want a look.