1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Leap Motion gesture control system to launch in May

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 28 Feb 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I need this in my life

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Sounds great until you forget its on, start doing some yoga and realise you have pulled every vertices in your 50+ hour scale model of a deathstar over to the left of the screen

4. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

This is the first I've heard of the device but after watching that video all I can say is WANT!

5. hampurista

hampurista What's a Dremel?

Ordered! Don't mind the extra 20$ compared to order before yesterday....

6. Blackshark

Blackshark What's a Dremel?

Ordered last year when it was first announced - looking forward to using it at work for manipulating our spatial data

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I think it only works in a small(ish) area above the device - take your hands away to type/stretch etc and it'll move out of range.

I remember seeing this ages ago and thinking "this must be ********", but I'm glad to be wrong!

8. EvilRusk

EvilRusk What's a Dremel?

I think this looks like a great idea. After using my android phone I realised how badly the PC needed a better interface for some things.

Since I don't want to buy a touch screen this could be it - no smudgy finger prints all over the place! Browse the web while eating crisps! Use your forehead to draw in paint! Awesome!

9. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

for interactions like holding a 3D object, manipulating maybe the start screen of windows 8, this may be efficient, but for actual drawings, aside from a tablet, I think its much practical to use a touch screen imo

10. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

It's certainly neat, but is it really that usefull for desktop use? Perhaps if it uses standard touch screen api's so Windows Touch Pack works etc but I really want to test it oput first.

11. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Give me two minutes and I can think of a few dozen different gestures that 'could' be implemented to embellish a keyboard / mouse or keyboard / trackpad or keyboard / mouse / touchscreen environment.

Leap haven't ever come out and said 'this device will replace X". They're throwing it out there to see what people do with it.

Brilliant idea!

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll