1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Word-Help with removing unwanted spaces in text

Discussion in 'Software' started by greshoff, 30 Dec 2011.

1. greshoff

greshoff Minimodder

My daughter has written an essay which contains some pictures as well as text. The line spacing is set to 1.5. She removed some text from the document and now there are large white spaces between some of the paragraphs/ text. Not the line spacing, this is OK. If one goes to the end of the text before the unwanted space and clicks delete the space disappears but if one clicks return to create a new paragraph the space returns. The doc was written using word 2007. I am sure this is something fairly simple to solve. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: 30 Dec 2011
  2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Go to page layout on the ribbon and adjust the spacing before / after to 0cm.

3. greshoff

greshoff Minimodder

Doing this does not correct the problem. Any other ideas?

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Select all & resize the text ( I like 10 or 12 generally )- the large white spaces may be set to a larger font size, or some't like that.

I'd also suggest opening & editing the document in a program like Open Office writer- free & almost as good as a modern copy of Word..