1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Titanfall PC loses CTF, Pilot Hunter game modes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 19 May 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Quite a few people over at the Titanfall subreddit seemed to be very annoyed by this. Personally I've never played either of those modes so won't miss them...

3. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

What is the point in even removing these modes? If people are happy to wait then let them.
    I suspect cutting these modes is saving the company a lot of money. So greedy EA just want to save money at the expense of PC gamers, who have ALREADY paid for this game.

For instance you can be waiting for 10-15 mintues for a League Of Legends ranked game, but they don't remove ranked games just because of a small wait.

Greedy bar Stewards, PC gamers should be demanding refunds

4. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

OMG. So you buy a game with 'n' play modes, concentrate on playmode 'A' for a few days and then go to spend some time with 'B' to find out the publisher has removed them because they weren't popular enough! They didn't just stop pushing them to the front they prevented people from even playing them!

Talk about taking arrogance to the next level, and this is in game that is a premium title. They can't even justify it by saying 'Well it's free and we're just trying to bring up the ad revenue'.

If the rest of the media world behaved like this, we'd be limited to watching Twilight movies and reading 50 Shades of Grey because the alternatives were not popular enough.

5. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I still haven't got over the shock of reading about 35gb of uncompressed audio to make the game run better on dual cores.....

6. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

"That said, we will not remove modes from Private Matches, so there will always be the option to select them for competitive and personal play."

"PC: we're removing CTF & Pilot Hunter but they'll be playable in Private Matches and Variety. We'll tweak lists as we add maps & modes."

In other words, the game modes have not been removed from the game and can still be played. Just not in playlists due to low number of players causing extremely long wait times.

7. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

and then
    I think you answered your own question mate ;)

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

if you select the largest map size and have 6 people queuing for CTF , theres the long wait times....

same as every other FPS , so it does make sense , as EA might well want people playing rather than whinging on reddit when no one else will play with them....

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Aren't we already? :blah:

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Hollywood and TV studios/networks already behave like this to a certain though...

11. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

'We' may be, but you know me, I exclude myself from most definitions of 'We' and am not a great consumer of hormone pumped tweenie girl vampire fiction or the insanely popular middle aged hetro chic-lit fan fiction kinky erotica that grew from it.

But knock yourself out... whatever gets the ol' boiler steaming ;)

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

So we're two months in and they're already canning modes off the matchmaking due to low player counts?

Can't say I'm regretting not buying this...

13. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

The Consumer Rights bill can't arrive soon enough. There's actually scope in the legislation for consumers to argue for a refund in the above instance! About time that the quality of digital content including video games is held up to the same standards as that of physical items bought from retailers.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Please. I'd rather rub Scotch Bonnet peppers in my eyes while gargling broken glass and sulphuric acid.