1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Bit-Tech Wallet thread (What do you carry your money in?)

Discussion in 'General' started by Darkwisdom, 25 Jun 2014.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

What do people carry their money in? Whether it be a normal wallet, a technological currency marvel or a fanny pack, we'd like to know.

I have common piece of leather, that is pretty much falling apart. I got it for £2 in a charity shop, can't complain. Maybe other people will give me an idea on what I could do to replace my old leather square.

2. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I emptied all the crap out of my wallet about 2 weeks ago, now it looks empty (and it is, I have 5 quid hidden in there, and fun things like my driving license)

[​IMG]

As you can see I bank with Halifax.

As a little brucey bonus while I was emptying out my wallet the other week, at my girlfriends request as it was all overflowing with receipts etc., out popped a picture of MY EX GIRLFRIEND. I didn't even know I had a picture of her, was awkward, though it's now in the bin, and I think I have SWMBO back onside.

3. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

*itshappening.jpg*

I have an old-school grandad wallet. (Cards & notes in the centre with a solid leather flap that folds up and closses with a popper. When opened it has a slot for coins, meaning you can slide them out to choose like a true stereotypical OAP! I'm 19. :hehe:)

4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Oakley yellow carbon weave wallet.
    I'd love to replace it as it's getting a tad long in the tooth, but you don't see many with a rivet / hole for attaching a chain too :sigh:

5. Darkwisdom

Don't worry, my wallet is almost exactly the same XD My coin pouch even has a popper. I've been looking for a nice minimalist wallet that looks stylish, but none of them have anywhere to put a single coin. I'd rather not carry a separate coin pouch.

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Sir, you are carrying a purse :jawdrop:

7. Darkwisdom

With how many coins I have, sometimes it feels like it XD

8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Bin liners

9. Darkwisdom

There's always one.

10. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Have a cookie. But here's the question.. Is it full of coins? Or have you cheated and filled it with notes?

11. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

:)

Actually I have a plain old black wallet that I've had for ever.

They're full of £50 notes, I'm taking them down the tip later, got bored of them.

12. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Elephant E8 Wallet (bought from Etsy):
    [​IMG]

It's a minimalist wallet, as I only ever carry a few cards and the odd bit of cash around with me. It's so small and light that I spent the first week using it worrying that it'd fallen out of my pocket ;)

13. sandys

sandys Multimodder

How thick is that E8 thing mine folded over is approx 1 1/2 inches, I do need something better, but I do like a coin pocket, change for parking etc.

Also how easy is it to find the right card, looks like it might be a pain.

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

[​IMG]

Visible: Debit card, credit card, Tesco clubcard

Not visible: Driving license, employee card, odeon card, AA membership, organ donor and finally Nandos card.

Threre's also occasionally a small selection of change and maybe some paper money.

15. sandys

sandys Multimodder

What I need is for NFC to catch on as payment/loyalty card holder and my wallet would be pretty much unnecessary, I'd just need my smartphone. As it is my wallet carries around cards I rarely use just so they are there when I eventually do need it, this adds bulk as do coins.

16. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

The girlfriends handbag apparently as it all seems to disappear and end up there. She even made it a house rule if she's doing the washing and she has to empty any pockets then any money she finds is hers.

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Do the same then. Except wash her handbag every other day.

18. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Yeah right, her handbags like the Tardis full of infinite space. It's said ( mainly by me and the inhabitants of a small planetary body in the proxima ursae majoris region of space) that if a male were to ever enter the bag that he would instantly become so lost amongst the items of unfathomable use that he would never be seen again. Also to be fair after 15 years I'm kinda used to it.

19. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

It's about the same size as a credit card (just a couple of millimetres larger) and with 8 cards in it's about 15mm thick - definitely smaller than a standard wallet. It is awkward to get at some of the cards quickly, but tbh I only really use one or two cards on a regular basis (bank card and Nectar card). The other cards are things like AA card, driving licence etc. that only get pulled out on rare occasions.
    Any new or re-issued credit/debit card from the last 6 months or so is NFC ready - all that needs to happen is for the stores to catch up.

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

OK guys, I want to see pictures of your wallets with all cards exposed, with names and account numbers clearly visible. Just out of idle curiosity of course. :worried: