1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other E3 2011

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by tennisball, 6 Jun 2011.

1. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

2. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Starts in 50 min. Sweet

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Battlefield 3.

End of.

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

^^This, and then some.

5. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Halo 4... this makes me happy. Now to go and buy a big massive TV

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

7. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Yeah, my bad, just seen it too. I do hope 343 Industries can do as well as if not better than Bungie.

Sam

9. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

The main speaker for Ubisoft is such an unbelievable douche. It's not Tom Cuhlancy idiot!

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

PS Conference got delayed, do you reckon it's been hacked?

11. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

this has been the best E3 in a long time. The last one i really enjoyed watching was 2005 i believe. PS3 announcement, Killzone 2 trailer, Insomniac's I-8 (resistance) trailer and plenty of other awesomeness.

12. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

dodoodlildodododo!

13. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Anyone seen the latest Skyrim vid from E3? They posted it on their facebook page.

Looks pretty awesome (especially the bits with the dragons) but seeing as it was a 360 demo, the graphics weren't too impressive, especially after playing TW2.

14. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

15. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Saw most of the Microsoft one last night, however the stream I was watching cut out in the middle of the dance central 2 promo, so I'll have to try and find another tonight for the end of it.

From what I saw though everything seemed to be kinect heavy.
    ME3 didn't look too bad and at least you can still use a controller.

The gunsmith feature on the new COD looked good and kinect looked useful, at least until they went to test mode, it just made me think "Why?". Just keep the controller for the actual gameplay instead of shoehorning kinect in for everything...

Fable 4, would have been interested in it (well I enjoyed the first 3 despite how simplified it got as the games progressed) but Kinect kills it for me.

Star Wars: Kinect - looks like an on rails game, and it didn't seem like much fun tbh.

haven't seen any of the other presentations yet, will have to wait until I get home tonight.

Last edited: 7 Jun 2011
  16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Blademrk - the gun Smith feature - surely you mean on the new Ghost Recon.

Personally, I am quite positive about all the more serious implementations for Kinect.
    Looking into corners in FM4? uh- yesplease.
    Gunsmith mode in GRFW looks a bit gimmicky i.t.o. Kinect and all, but if the entire game is playable using kinect, apparently handsigns can control the team, and THAT would be awesome. especially for more casual play...

I LOVE the kinect, and would really like to see more games take advantage of the things possible with it, though... so I am probably biased.

17. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

BF 3 is probably going to cost me my marriage. :D

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Cool - where does your wife hang out? ;-)

Nah, forget I will be too busy playing BF3!

19. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Good Lord, I think Microsoft have lost the plot. Do they seriously believe 'serious' gamers are going to use Kinect? Most of the people I know who play regularly do not have their Xbox in cavernous rooms surrounded by acres of floor space. Most are either in their bedrooms, or their study or hived off into a corner in the living room. Then there are those like me who use a projector. I think that Kinect is an excellent piece of technology, but I really cannot see me playing ME3 or any other FPS game using it (not that my room size or the fact I use a projector would let me anyway).

A mate of mine bought the Kinect last year, assuming the dimension restrictions were for 'optimal'' performance. We spent a day completely clearing out his small living room of all the furniture (the sofa ended up under a plastic sheet in the garden!) and we only just managed to get it to register one of us (occaisionally). Fortunately his retailer was sympathetic and he got a refund!

Apple are quite good at shoe-horning technology into our lives, Microsoft have a lot to learn I think!

20. Pieface

Pieface Modder

PS Vita is gonna be cheap, but is it gonna be another PSP? It needs the games. I mean Uncharted looks great, but they're starting to do a Tomb Raider with it and over-using it. It will become boring soon enough, LBP looked good, but nothing new. Modnations will be good if you're a racing fan who doesn't car fundamentally about the Graphics. But what was that other game called? The Torchlight rip off? It looks like a fair few games out there.

If Vita wants to sell it just needs better games. 3DS had crappy games from the beginning, and I believe that will only start taking off next week when Zelda Ocarina of Time is out.