1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Sky Cancellation [Resolved-ish]

Discussion in 'General' started by Matticus, 30 Oct 2014.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

So I am moving house tomorrow and what with the million and one other things I have had to worry about, I left cancelling Sky a little bit late. I was fully aware there is a 31 day cancellation and I would be paying for that period, but what I wasn't aware of is that apparently they can't cut off the services any sooner.

I explained I am fully happy to pay the full 31 days, but I won't be here to use the services, so can they be terminated early. Apparently this is a no go. However after hearing from others, Sky seem to be able to disable the line pretty quickly if a direct debit doesn't go out etc.

Is this actually the case or are Sky just being difficult? All I am concerned about is the new owner of the property being able to make calls on our line.

TL;DR I am an idiot and didn't cancel Sky soon enough, is there a way to get the line terminated earlier?

Edit: Had a bit of luck with Sky - while they aren't going to cut off the phone line sooner they have agreed to put a note on the account so that I am not responsible for any additional charges after our moving date.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2014
  2. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

When we used their home move service I called up 4 days before moving and could pick the day the phone was disconnected including move day.

Took forever to get it reconnected at the new place but that's an openreach issue.

3. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Yeah when I cancelled mine after moving out of the last place, I also got to pick the disconnection date.

4. Matticus

Matticus ...

Thanks for the replies, I moved out on Friday and all things going to plan I shouldn't have to worry about it any more.

The only thing I need to worry about now is how terrible the internet is in my new house, fibre is just around the corner!!!

5. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

When I moved my BT account from my old flat to our house the standard ADSL was awful, I stuck with it for 3 months, then caved in and got Infinity in as soon as I saw the fibre box being installed at the bottom of my road.