1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus P5Q Deluxe problems!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by decebal_12000, 4 Nov 2012.

1. decebal_12000

decebal_12000 Minimodder

The other night I turned off my pc and yesterday when I tried to open it it did not start at. I tried to reset the BIOS and took every component out and reinserted again but still is not working. Sometimes even the BIOS freeze when I try to do the settings. I tried to test the memories separate but it doesn`t start the test at all.

What can I do to see if is the motherboard faulty or not?

P.S. my pc specifications are in my signature!

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

At best it could be bad memory. Try installing just one module of RAM in the yellow slot closest to the CPU assuming you have two. If that fails swap them over and try again. Crucial point is it needs to be in the yellow slot! Did you do that in the above test?

3. sWW

sWW Minimodder

I'm not sure but I think I had a similar problem when my RAM required more voltage than standard.

I had to borrow (in the end I bought) some cheap RAM that allowed me to get into bios and increase the memory voltage.

4. decebal_12000

decebal_12000 Minimodder

At the moment I run on one module and it is in the yellow slot. I tried the memtest on this one and it`s working so I believe the other one is the bad one as did not start at all.

5. decebal_12000

decebal_12000 Minimodder

I put more voltage but it doesn`t work. My BIOS was freezing too so it must be that memory I took out.

6. RocketPotato

RocketPotato What's a Dremel?

All Asus motherboards have a 3 year warranty so you can RMA it!

7. decebal_12000

decebal_12000 Minimodder

I think is one of the memory module. I tried to test one of them and always freezes and do not allow me to test it. It doesn` let me load the Windows or even doesn`t POST. I sent an RMA to corsair to see what will happen. I do not know how long is the warranty but I submitted a form.