1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gears of War on its way to PC, carnage ensues

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 15 Feb 2007.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

oeeeh so I won't have to buy a xbox360 after all....

3. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I have heard good things about this, so I may end up playing it. But I wont touch a FPS on a console, plus I don't have or want a 360.

Note:Anybody else thing that Epic
    think?

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Sorry, but Halo came out late for the Halo fix (and i never played Multiplayer because it was poor and I played UT at the time).

Halo2 on PC is going to completely miss the Halo2 bug aswell.

GoW will do the same and I'll be on UT3 by then.

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Like Doug says.

Halo came out on Pc far too late and looked rubbish and dated. There was much better games on PC then. Halo 2 on PC??? Halo 3 is out soon. Again to late.

People will be playing Crisis and other cool games when Gears comes out on Pc and will then look very dated.

6. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

I guess, Epic have to think were the market lies, and in this case, its with the 360 console and then the PC comes second. So they will be devoting there time to the 360 games. I would have a bug less 360 game, and wait for a few months then a buggy game. I dont play much games on the PC, neither do a lot of people i know, must of them use consoles. So i kind of understand what they mean. (Unless i have loss the point.)

7. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I think that GOW is on par with Crisis (or visa versa). They both look fantastic. But i hate "gamepads" unless it is played with MAME. FPS needs a mouse and keyboard. There is no way a FPS can be played good with a gamepad. I tried and it wend out out of the window( almost through) of the irritation and frustration.

They just see the drop in x3 GOW sales. And i think if they want to make more money out of GOW, they better release it soon on the PC. They can at least sell a mil. copies more on the PC.

8. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

If Epic were smart, they'd release Gears sooner rather than later, while it's still "Relevant". After the PC gets crysis and all it's other eye candy, Gears won't be quite as attractive.

That being said, they definitely won't release GoW until UT3 has reached it's peak. As they are both pretty shooters, Epic probably wouldn't want to compete with itself.

Microsoft, with it's whole Games for Windows Initiative, really should be pushing this as hard as they can. But as much talk as they do, I think we all know that Games for Windows is the little brother to Xbox360 who gets the majority of the attention.

But I think we can all agree that this is no surprise. The day of the exclusive has really passed. Next gen games costs buckets of money, and it's just financially unwise to try and make that back on only one plattform. A game like Gears actually still probably can, but if it sells 3+ million on 360, how much more would it sell on PC. And who would want to turn down that easy money?

Aggies

Aggies

9. randosome

randosome Banned

i would have though Epic wanna release gears of war soon (IE like now) so that people are bored of it, then they release UT3 otherwise they will have to wait quite a while after UT3 to be able to release GoW (any by then GoW will probably have expired)

10. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Must be going on a year now since gears was "accidentally" added into a microsoft games for windows image and then hurriedly removed along with adamant denials that it would ever come out for PC ? :hehe:

11. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

Having played the 360 version and completed it, yes its stunning to look at and plays ok but UT F.T.W!!!

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think it's probably better on a 360 anyway, I don't think the controls will translate too well over to a PC if the gameplay is unaltered.

Halo PC wasn't all that great either, it's a console shooter, designed for consoles, when on a PC, it just lacks something and is absolute crap in comparison to other PC shooters.

In a similar way, PC shooters don't port well onto consoles.

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I think if they did release a PC version then they should crank up the difficulty. Insane was not insane for me, and I do find these games a little harder with a joy pad than with a mouse.

If it came on pc then insane will be too easy when you have a mouse and keyboard in your hands. Difficulty needs to be cranked up so you dont finish it in only a few hours on PC

14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Carnage in shoes? :)

While it looks awespunk atm on xbox360, it'll look aged by the time PC hardware chews through it, going by it's estimated release date (i.e. next year sometime).

15. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I played the multiplayer for the first time last night, it was a blast.

For all you guy's who have played it, here's a cool thing that happened.

It was me, and three freinds, we've never played it, versus a team of experienced players.

We picked up the game pretty quick, and figured out downs. It was the level with the train.

We figured out a great strat on the COG. As they came up from the bottom, we dropped them all with shotguns, then rushed, and kicked they're heads in, all at the same time!

It was truely an epic moment.

16. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Any news on whether online co-op will remain in the PC version?

Tags: Add Tags