1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Qpad QH-90 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 4 Feb 2013.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

The white is a bit much for me. Good thing they offer black ones. Been looking for something a bit different and quite honestly I've never seen these before. I'll have to get more information about this headset before making a purchase though.

I guess its just me but I find the mic quality to be extremely important as somebody who is on voice coms all the time (not Skype, real voice coms). I wish you could record a sample and post it up. Just saying its clear isn't enough. Just how clear is it? Is it studio mic clear? Is it muffled but still understandable clear? Is it tinny clear?

Just looking at their site and the QH-1339 seem to be their flagship. You should review those.

3. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

I don't see what the big hype is about the ANC. The ANC on the Vulcans is pretty useless for me, I never use it at home. It makes the headphones sound more closed, and seems to get rid of loads of bass.

The only time I have used the ANC is on the eurostar to Paris. It was pretty good for that, but not much else- and something that ordinary headphones with ANC can do better.

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

With the white plastic & leather did you start to see any discolouration?

I have to say that the black is nicer but would have worked better with a grey lettering instead of white, because the subtle logos on the white is really nice.

5. Muerlin

Muerlin What's a Dremel?

Even if the headphones can reproduce amazing bass sound, they are always going to lack that bass depth that comes from feeling the room shake. It would be nice to see a pair of gaming headsets come with a shaker.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

A shaker? Do you mean you want a headset with force feedback? :hehe:

7. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Would make pron interesting...

8. David

Um, just what kind of headset did you have in mind? :lol:

9. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Maybe for that you could just install a warm sponge that 'licks' your ear when you're watching that. And a clip that 'nibbles' your ear....

But I think thats a discussion for a different type of forum.

10. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

They actually exist, take a look at the skullcandy skullcrushers. They say there are subwoofers in the cans, but basically they just rumble the headset as you can't get subwoofers that small.

11. David

Oh, I don't doubt they do, but so do these. That doesn't necessarily make it a good idea. :thumb:

12. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Cheaper on Amazon but no choice of colour.

13. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I do like these, especially the detachable mic, now if they only made a wireless headset with a mic...

14. law99

law99 Custom User Title

This could go one of two ways. Both equally as sordid.

15. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I second the motion to have a short 15 - 30 second sound clip of the microphone from headsets posted to reviews that is recorded over ventrilo/mumble. This is a great idea even if different people have to setup their sound levels in a different way because it gives us the buyers a general idea of what sorta quality we are buying into as long as we know the specs of the sound card/onboard it's plugged into at the time of recording and any level adjustments or increases in gain that are made. Feel free to read a few lines from your favorite book at the moment or just some random technical manual laying around!

16. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

they look like a direct ripoff of the beyerdynamic dt770

17. Flexible_Lorry

Flexible_Lorry What's a Dremel?

I bought some of these once
    http://www.edimensional.com/product_info.php?products_id=30
    and returned them after 2 weeks as the volume control stopped working

The force feedback was really a gimmick and unnecessary, and the sound quality wasn't great.

Have me an astro A40 now and never looked back :)

18. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

My Speedlink Medusa NX (now dead) had a really good rumble to them. Hearing artillery fall in Red Orchestra felt awesome when turned to up max. Shame the headset had such poor build quality. :sigh:

19. haakon.t

haakon.t :)

Qpad make some amazing products. I had the joy of trying on a pair of QH-1339's at The Gathering a couple of years ago, and I have never tried anything similar. They sit pretty tight on your ears, but the sound is great and all background noise is muffled (I wore them in a giant hall with 5500 noisy gamers surrounding me). Not surprised by the high score on these.

20. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I love their keyboards (i have one)

The 53mm drivers gives a much better bass response then other headsets which most of them use 40mm drivers. You can see it in the specs for the low range from 15Hz - 25KHz.

But the 98 SPL is a bit disappointing. this means they can't get very loud if you turn up the volume especially with 60 Ohm.

I currently have the Steelseries siberia v2 (natus vincere edition) it has the same 53mm driver but 32 Ohm and higher SPL at 112dB. I also using it now when I am producing music. Since I tried it on a blue monday to compare it with my Sennheiser HD600 headset. The bass response is almost the same but the Siberia surpasses the HD600 in loudness.

Tags: Add Tags