Watercooling Looking for some parts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by at_mosby, 9 Mar 2012.

1. at_mosby

at_mosby What's a Dremel?

Hello!

Been a bit busy lately. I've acquired a laser cutter/engraver. It is very cool and water cooled. Sadly the manufacture seems to have picked 1/4" OD tubing and fittings. Over all very, very primitive. Pump is stuck in the bottom of a 6 gallon bucket. Feh.

I'd like to change that; however the smallest I diameter I can find for everything seems to be 1/4" ID tubing.

Sadness.

For a basic mod, I'd like to add a visual flow meter inline, just to make sure the water is flowing.

Later, I'd like to build a little box (okay, mini-PC sized) that would capture inbound and outbound readings for water temp and flow rate.

Can anyone point me to a source for 1/4" OD water cooling stuff? Or even a 1/4" OD to 1/4" ID adapter? I have spent a couple of days looking without any luck.

Course now that that I've asked for help, I'm likely to find everything I need this weekend!

Once I do get this built, I'll be sure to post pictures.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or advice you can offer.

AT Mosby

P.S. I'm in the US, but I don't mind mail ordering stuff.

2. at_mosby

at_mosby What's a Dremel?

Anyone?

3. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

For temperature reading you can get something like a Thermosensor G1/4 with Display, just connect it to a T-link.

For flow you can use a flow meter, you can use an addaptor to get 1/4 fittings on it :)

Hope this helps!