1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Win £500 Amazon gift voucher with Bit-Tech and DFS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 28 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

The end times have cometh.

" Emails must be received by (COMPLETE) to qualify. "

You didnt COMPLETE it ;)

3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

*Waits for PC on Cardboard Box to win*

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

"Why DFS, you may be asking? Well, DFS are keen to find out how people use their homes when it comes to gaming, to better help them design furniture for gamers’ needs – an endeavour we can certainly get behind. We're now whoring ourselves out to anybody that fancies a go" :eyebrow:

Last edited: 28 Jun 2013
  5. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Nice offer! So what you're saying is that those who have the cash to throw away on a ludicrously over-specced and over-furnished setup can win even more money than they already have...

..where as those who might NEED a £500 voucher...those with a regular PC setup...basically have no chance.

Sweet :/

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Yeah. This.

7. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Bit-tech, now sponsored by Hamleys and DFS.

8. RTT

RTT #parp

DFS? Hahahahahahahahaaha! That's amazing!

9. murraynt

murraynt Modder

The last time I won a competition on BT I never got my prize :(

10. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Bit-tech creates a promotion to entice new members, meaning more money for more articles.

Old Members throw a hissy in the comments.

Oh Bit-tech how I love you.

11. Meanmotion

As mentioned, we're not just looking for fancy but something interesting. Time and effort can overcome lack of funds. Moreover, it's a bit like complaining that the snazziest mods win mod of the year...

12. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"You don't have to have a custom-built PC/desk to win, but it helps."

"whether it be a PC and single monitor, an Xbox 360 sat next to your telly or a full-on dedicated gaming room with surround sound, vibrating gaming chairs and motorised beer dispensers."

So we think the PC and single monitor is going to top a PC-in-a-desk (as per the article photo) or a dedicated room with surround, gaming chairs etc etc.

I think not. Let's be honest...this "competition" is a joke. People can't "have a go" at this. You're either in the winning category already, or you're not, and have pretty much no chance to be either. Nice "competition".

13. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I would add, also, that if DFS really wanted anything either than cheap advertising (£500 giveaway for an article on bit-tech is a bargain) - if they wanted to do some actual market research - then they'd do a SURVEY of bit-tech readers and all of those that contributed could go into a draw for the prize. Then we can all get involved, instead of just the top 1 or 2% of your readership.

14. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

I have to agree with the above. I understand the purpose of the market research and the incentive to submit an entry is nice but determining the winner based on 'whose is best' has already put off 95% of the readership from even applying. Clearly it is too late now but what you should have done is set the criteria for eligble entries (e.g. must be a room, must involve a gaming device, must agree to be featured on site etc.) and then just choose at random. DFS get their market research and everybody has a fair chance of winning.

15. Meanmotion

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a sight populated by modders? By people that value aesthetics, tidiness, optimal performance, gaming, pro audio, quiet, etc. It's the application of these motivations to your whole gaming setup that we'd like to see. Some will have opted for big sofas and a massive telly, others will have carefully eeked out every drop of efficiency from their modest means. We'll look on both equally.

16. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Come on lads. Get behind this, a photo comp it always a good time.

Mine might not be the best looking, but its still pretty useful. I might have to buy some acrylic to make it presentable, as currently its using MDF to hold it together.

17. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Or some would still be aspiring to achieve your "elitist" view whilst perching a monitor on a coffee table in a cramped and busy kitchen (I've seen some posted on here).

It would have been better to of said "Show us what ya got, and we'll randomly pick one" and not mention your bias: "Of course special consideration will be given to those who’ve incorporated a bit of modding into their system"

I've modded my system, I taped the monitor to the table to stop it falling off when the dog runs past. ;)

18. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

That is technically correct, but while we may value those properties they may be simply aspirational to some.

I, for example, have an 7yr old computer, bought for £400ish...My desk is a £20 ikea kitchen worktop, with 2 £6 ikea table legs on one side, and a cheap argos filing cabinet on the other.

It isn't aesthetically pleasing, tidy, optimal, suitable for gaming or pro audio, or quiet - Leaving me ineligible for the competition, and I'm sure many are in the same boat.

19. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Would a better competition not have been 'send us in your arrangements, the winner gets their setup enhanced by £500 worth of (insert store here) gear'?

20. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Exactly ^

Tags: Add Tags