1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Enermax to launch CPU coolers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 19 Feb 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

It will be interesting to see if they can provide some excellent cooling with barely a whisper of noise, now that will be worth buying.

It's good to see that they have given the option the switch off the LED's which will be a blessing for some, though isn't it high time companies used multi-color LED's so we could switch between 2 or 3 different colours suited to our own preference?

3. Blackmoon181

Blackmoon181 Geography,Its not just colouring in

i managed to change all the stock LED fans in my antec 1200 from blue to red with a bit of patience and some LED'a and resistors. After changing 19 of them in one go having the option to change on the fly is a good idea.

4. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

My idea of vortex generation is different to the wiki page.... the page basically shows airflow disruptors/turbulence.

THIS: http://www.newmantools.com/vortex.htm

is vortex generation :D

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm glad to see this. Their range of fans are excellent and are my current favourite case fan, and I can't imagine Enermax allowing anything with their name on it that isn't good quality. They may struggle a little at first to compete with Arctic Cooling and Noctua in the high end CPU cooler market but overall it will be nice to have another alternative when choosing CPU HSF's and coming from Enermax they should be great.

As for the fans, most Enermax LED fans currently have the option for the LEDs to be switched off and many of them also have PWM connectors, like the "Cluster" range for example.

6. red4our

red4our ¿Qué es un Dremel?

I quite like the look of the fan casing in the picture. Is that new or current?

7. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

The cooler itself looks a bit thin, tbh. The Gelid Tranquillo and Fenrir are about the same size I think, only instead of a rear fan they have more fins. Guess we'll need to wait for the figures before we know for certain.

@edit: Just noticed the vortex stuff, I'm guessing they mean the turbulance will give the air more of a chance to collect heat off the fins? Could be interesting..

8. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

9. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Thanks for that, it was a very insightful comment. We all appreciate your hard work, I personally can't wait for the next killer update.

10. Lockon Stratos

you are most welcome

11. Unicorn

WELL IT'S A GOOD THING I DON'T FREQUENT TECHPOWERUP BECAUSE CLICKING ON THIS EARLIER TODAY WOULD HAVE BEEN A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT WOULDN'T IT.

There were at least one million nicer ways for you to let the staff know that this was announced on TPU last Thursday. Also, if you have an issue with the way bit-tech and CPC articles are published/released, then take it up with someone and let them know, instead of bitching about it like this when an article is released a few days later than another site. Franky I think they do just fine. I know that lots of other tech sites have news about things before bit-tech, but in my opinion no other tech site does anything as well as bit-tech like reviews, previews, testing etc.

Also, the Techpowerup site absolutely sucks, whether the articles are good or not.

12. John_T

John_T Minimodder

That.

I know a lot of us gripe from time to time about things not always being absolutely 100% perfect, but this is the only tech site I bother to check on a daily basis. I also think the comments section would be a much better place if some people would learn the difference between genuine constructive criticism and just being bloody rude.

13. Lockon Stratos

well - Ive been with techpowerup since 2007 and they are one of the better sites I have been with (hence why im still there) TPU does previews too - though I think W1zzard (owner and head admin of TPU) prefers to wait until products to come out first before doing a full on review. but I know what you mean. its just that on many occassions Bit-tech was slow to report or announce things compared to othersites. and with the way technology rolls its better to be in the know as soon as possible then the last one to the party. Bit-tech is still a great source for reviews and i love their podcasts. but news is only news if you're the first one to tell everyone else. so I will always regular around techpowerup - and its not because Im American - far from it. Im a brit :D and theres quite a few brits on there also.

but its a pitty you dont like the site. but i suppose different strokes for different folks. either that or you are trolling

Last edited: 20 Feb 2011
  14. Unicorn

I'm not trolling, compared to bit-tech I find it's layout horrible to look at and articles difficult to read. As you say though, people have different tastes.

15. tigermain

tigermain What's a Dremel?

Well you're clearly a great advert for the quality of the community they must have over there. Gosh they must be so proud of you

16. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Quit ya bitchin ladies.

Back on topic - I think this is great news! Enermax seem to have a good eye when it comes to quality so this can't be anything but good news for us.

17. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I'm a huge fan of the T.B fans, couple them with six heatpipes and they should be on to a winner, although it does look a little thinner than the frio.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Wait, wait. Here's your internet subscription money back, Lockon Stratos.

$.

;)

So by your conclusion because we're not first to republish a press release without doing some investigation, you know, like journalists, we should never post anything? :p :hehe:

Please note that despite seeing the same picture (which is what I assume you are making your statement on) this information:

is not in the TPU article. I actually took the time to go to Enermax and ask for as much info as they would give me before CeBIT.

Best Regards.

:thumb:

19. Unicorn

I rest my case.

Tags: Add Tags