1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning My newest plan

Discussion in 'Modding' started by exiled, 11 Jan 2013.

1. exiled

exiled What's a Dremel?

just a quick render i have a couple questions like my best question how is the layout should i change anything before building it? secondary this is a duel mobo and duel psu build the itx is a all in one type mobo the matx on bottom is my currant system asus fm1 with hd 7750 gpu and h60 ill it all fit in case, 5 of the 6 hard drives are for the matx along with 1 of the 2 ssd and the itx will have 1 ssd and 1 hdd lastly the bluray burner is for matx
    Heres the plan in question its 1/4 plexi and 1/16 thick x 3/4 x 3/4 angle
    [​IMG]

another good question is the 1/4 inch plexi going to support the weight on the itx hdds and psu's?

thanks for reading my babble

2. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

Punctuation is nice you know. It makes a text readable, which makes people want to read it, which makes them respond.

For the layout, hide the lines and show some different angles. I can't really directly spot any problems, but that's mainly because there is not a lot going on. For example: how are the hard disks secured? What is your idea of cable management? What is the general idea for airflow (especially for the ITX and the hard disks)?

Also: "dual" =/= "duel"

3. exiled

exiled What's a Dremel?

hard drives will be bolted to 1/16th by inch aluminum, minimal for cables being shown and planning on a 140 mm on the right side in front of hard disks the itx in question is passively cooled may put another 120mm on back of case where itx is but the case render is thought out to be a rough idea how the components should lay in case. as for punctuation English is my third language

4. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

Even if your board is cooled passively (just like your disks), it is not advisable to lock them up in a n airtight box. Instead of adding a lot of fans, I suggest turning the power supply 180°, so it's bottom intake is over the mini-itx.
    This will generate enough airflow for cooling there. And if you close of any air intake except for in front of your hard disks, I would even bet it generates enough airflow for them too.
    Speaking of your hard disks, separate them by a cm (third of an inch?) or so. This will keep them from forming hot pockets between them. The bottom two disks won't get that much airflow however. I suggest putting them on the second stack (where there is only one disk).
    I am curious as why there is so much space in front of the motherboard and above the mini-itx board. Is there a reason for that?
    As for the cable management, can you elaborate on how you will hide your cables (and where?)

Herein I assumed the 'front' of the case is pointing left, the right side is cut open and facing us and the back is pointed to the right.

About the punctuation: English is my third language too, but I have no trouble putting a full stop between my sentences :)

5. exiled

exiled What's a Dremel?

front of the matx motherboard was left open to run water cooling components as for the itx i haven't decided if should run another fan from above the itx or one at the back, most of the cable management will be in the power supply cover except the atx power cables and power for the drives. my original idea for drives was to separate them by 1/4 of a inch just hard to do with sketch up

6. exiled

exiled What's a Dremel?

7. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

Looks nice. For visual reasons, I would put the fan for the ITX board in the back of the case. I also think it would cool better, as you guide the air past your board and not above it. It will not make that much of a difference tough. (I think).

Anyhow, what materials are you planning to use?

8. exiled

exiled What's a Dremel?

plexiglass and aluminum

9. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

Well, good luck with that. Let us know if there is any advance in your plans!

10. exiled

exiled What's a Dremel?

ok will try to post images when i've started

11. jay2

jay2 Indonesian Modder

A big square box.. not really fit in my mind..
    You still have lot of space in your design
    Why dont you make a tower case style instead? a more compact with less space, but still have good airflow..

12. exiled

exiled What's a Dremel?

fits in my space better than a tower its 12 w 15 h and 18 d the desk i have now will fit 13w 26d and 20h but i didn't want to take the whole space i wanted to leave room for my printer above the case. Don't get me wrong Towers work for most people but i love my present case mountain mods ufo but at 18 inches cubed it can hold it but i wanted a little smaller