1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SilverStone Fortress FT05 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 18 Dec 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

Thanks the review!

I have a Silverstone Fortress FT02B, which I am still very pleased with. But this case looks good for my 2nd pc, which is currently housed in an ancient case.

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

FT05 is fine, if you can live with the limitations. The right side panel is horrible to remove (even when nothing is installed), seems like a typical problem. Cables can be tucked away (when not using the optical drive bay), but modular PSU is a must have.

4. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

A shame to hear we're not alone with the right side panel issue.

5. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

With regards to the issue with side panel foam we experienced, I have updated the article on page 2 following comments from SilverStone. The update is as follows:

We reached out to SilverStone for a comment on the foam issue we experienced. SilverStone told us that the foam should not have behaved the way it did, and that while it can happen, it's rare and, given feedback from other reviewers, likely a one-off in this instance. It also said that any customers with a similar issue are eligible for a replacement case or side panel.

Last edited: 19 Dec 2014
  6. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide What's a Dremel?

cable routing space was already tight behind the mobo tray on the FT02, is this even worse?
    and why would they do that knowing it was a weakness in the previous model?
    I had higher hopes for that case. Still looks great though.

7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I didn't have a right panel issue like you, i had no material damage - i just had a right panel issue where it is just a very hard to remove in general. I actually have to pull the right panel with much more force than the left panel; when i was trying to remove it for first time i was thinking i missed something else than the middle safety lock, but clearly not.

8. x5pilot

x5pilot Fragile explosion

I've owned one of these cases since lauch day early November.
    I've not had any issues with the right side panel.
    I'm running a Haswell-E with a Asus X99 board and currently a single GTX970 - although come Christmas day thanks to a large fat bearded man dressed in red, this will be two GTX970s.
    Case so far is great, main complaints are that I wasnt given the option of a clear left hand panel and also the lack of drive storage for SSD - thanks to black Friday I've now got 4 SSDs - 2 more than the allocated chassis space in this case (so the other 2 are hanging precariously for now!)

I'm using a Silverstone TD03 AIO cooler - which I'm not happy with (might go back to air in new year) as Im idling at 39degrees and hitting 75 degrees playing FarCry 4.
    But this is not to do with the case - Im very happy with overall product.

Tags: Add Tags