1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF3 noob questions thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by YEHBABY, 5 Nov 2011.

1. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

I have had BF3 multiplayer on the PC for a few days and I am loving it!

I am up to level 7 and have various unlocks on optics and laser sights. My problem is I don't know how to enable them on my weapons. I know how to set sprint, change weapons etc, but can't see how to enable the optics and laser sights.

What am I missing?

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

rather simple really during during the deploy screen there is customisation on the right. This shows all of the classes available. And tabs for land/sea/air vehicles where appropriate to the map. This is where you select optics etc.

Also where you add things to weapons and change the rest of the options on each class.

YEHBABY likes this.
  3. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Thanks for that, easy when you know how.

+1 rep for speady reply.

4. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

I wonder if this is why i see lvl 10s killing me with a weapon with no mods at all! lol

5. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

go to customise > load out

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

This could certainly be part of it, it's really not an intuitive system, but also remember that you need kills, not rank, to unlock optics. It could be that they just unlocked the gun, or haven't played that kit much. It could also be that some of them just prefer a naked gun. Most of the unlocks have some sort of downside to keep them from being pure upgrades, even optics are personal taste and some may prefer iron sights. :thumb:

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Sloth has it right. For example, my M416 runs without a scope, and I only use a foregrip on it. Nothing else. The speed it lifts at when aiming is insane.

8. megamale

megamale Minimodder

BF3 noob question: Health and Ammo packs

So sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I searched for over an hour now:

Can anyone please explain how to drop health packs and how to pick up health and ammo packs???

I am going crazy. Everyone talks about doing it, when to do it, why do it.... but not how to do it???? I've stood on them, pressed Q, jumped on them, shot them... you name it... I've checked the key bindings and there is nothing that looks like it (PC). And I've got to level 18! :wallbash:

Can anyone please help??

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You don't pick them up, you stand near them and they slowly heal/resupply you.

To drop them, select either the Assault kit to drop health packs or the Support kit to drop ammo packs then hit "3".

10. Quavr

Quavr Minimodder

To drop health packs, when you play as assault press 3 and this will get a health pack out and throw it on the floor. Then to use it just stand next to or over it and it will heal you over time. The same is true for ammo except you must play as support to throw them.

11. megamale

megamale Minimodder

Thanks a lot guys... I had my key 3 assigned to the grnade launcher and I've never checked what other options I had.

One weird loophole I noticed: In games where you can have friendly fire you can pick one of your teammates, shoot them, and then revive them and do it all over again and you get 100 points each time... That's weird they've let it through. (no I don't do that... I just tested it)

12. PhoenixTank

PhoenixTank From The Ashes

And probably get autokicked after a few repeats of that on most servers.

13. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

How many points do you drop for the team kill though?

14. megamale

megamale Minimodder

none as far as I can tell... that's the weird thing. :confused:

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

It's certainly not the most interesting way of levelling up - especially for the 'other guy'! Besides as a combat medic in game myself I find that there are always plenty of people to revive!!

16. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

x4 ACOG is a big no-no for me. Too much onscreen. I am partial to a nice red dot though.

17. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Infra-red. Owns all, through smoke and leaves.

18. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The IRNV does not see thought smoke

19. Bede

Bede Minimodder

It really does, as you would expect. I haven't been able to specifically test it with smoke from the nade launcher, but I think it does see through tank and general explosion smoke.

20. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

ammo and health packs replenish SLOWLY. like, freakin slow. keep that in mind.

oh, and if u hold #3 (or wutever u assigned) u wont automatically drop it. its when u release the button itll drop 1.